AEG- Technical Component Lead – Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) II
AEG- Technical Component Lead – Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) II, Burkina Faso
Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Technical Component Leads in the following disciplines for positions in a USAID funded program in Burkina Faso: agriculture (crops); agriculture (livestock and pastoral systems); natural resources management/water security; risk management and response planning; market systems; and monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
The purpose of Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) II is to effectively manage shocks and stresses which the populations of Nigeria and Burkina Faso face through the pursuit of sustainable pathways out of poverty. The activity comprises of five main components: (i) enhance social and ecological risk management systems; (ii) increase and sustain economic well-being; (iii) improve health, family planning, and nutrition outcomes; (iv) enhance governance of institutions and organizations; and (v) enhance social, economic, and political agency of women and youth.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the Deputy Chief of Party will be directly responsible for the timely provision and delivery of quality technical deliverables to support project implementation.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (agriculture, economics, finance, international development, anthropology, natural resource management, environmental conservation, agronomy / soil sciences, veterinary science, public policy and administration, project management, or other related area);
* At least 7 years of professional experience in field of study closely related to at least one of the following: agricultural/value chain development (crop and/or livestock), market systems strengthening, access to finance, food security, nutrition, livelihoods and resilience, climate change adaptation, risk management and response, natural resource and/or land use management, water security, conservation, gender or youth-focused initiatives, community development;
* Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
* Outstanding intercultural communications skills;
* Knowledge of USAID or other international donor rules and regulations;
* Cover Letter;
* CV in reverse chronological format;
* Prior experience working on donor funded projects in West Africa; direct experience in the Burkina Faso is preferred;
* Fluency in English and French Required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2J884ub
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.