Team Leader - Expression of Interest
EOI – Team Leader position in Timor-Leste
Expression of Interest invited
In preparation for the approach to market of a workforce development and scholarships program in August/September 2018, Scope Global is inviting expressions of interest for a Team Leader based full time in Timor-Leste from December 2018. We are looking for a Team Leader with senior experience in the strategic management and leadership of multi-stakeholder programs in an international development setting, who is familiar with all phases of the program cycle from design through implementation and review, and who can demonstrate strong skills in stakeholder engagement, consensus building and relationship management.
This position will lead the strategic integration of TVET reform, skills and workforce development into effective program design and delivery. They will direct a team of national and international technical advisers, working consultatively with key Government of Timor-Leste agencies and related institutions and stakeholders across sectors. The Team Leader will be accountable to the client for the overall performance of the contract, and will provide oversight and leadership to ensure the program aligns with and contributes to both the program and partner government’s overarching goals and objectives.
The person will demonstrate:
- Experience in the strategic management of complex, multi-stakeholder donor programs (eg with DFAT or other bilateral/multilateral donors);
- Ability to understand and work with a local political economy, and experience supporting government to achieve reform efforts;
- Strong adaptive leadership skills and experience applying these in a cross cultural context;
- Proven ability to successfully manage critical relationships and negotiate and facilitate collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, and across sectors;
- Experience in the application of inclusive development strategies relevant to gender, disability and social inclusion;
- Experience in or knowledge of Australia Awards, TVET reform, HRD, and labour mobility;
- Experience in effective program design, implementation and monitoring.
Note the preferred candidate will ideally demonstrate relevant experience working in Timor-Leste; however strong candidates with relevant transferable experience will be considered.
For further information
Expressions of Interest should be made online via our dedicated careers website (https://scopeglobal.bamboohr.com/jobs/) and include a current CV and cover letter outlining your experience relevant to the key competencies listed. The deadline for submission of EOIs is Sunday 19 August 2018. All expressions of interest are welcomed however please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and this role is contingent upon Scope Global being awarded the contract.
Scope Global – about us
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.