Support Care Assistant
This role will support the Individual Giving team and deliver excellent service to War Child donors, fundraisers and prospective supporters to build strong and loyal relationships through written and verbal communication, efficient administration of donations and maintenance of accurate database records.
JOB SPECIFICATION: TASK AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- To promote and communicate War Child’s aims, mission, policies and work clearly and effectively
- To be the primary member of the team to deal with donations and donor queries.
- To write and send thank you letters and other stakeholder correspondence
- To allocate income budget codes to inbound donations in preparation for data entry and to liaise with the finance team to reconcile income
- To assist with data entry into our in-house database (Salesforce) – ensuring we maintain data integrity by achieving a high level of attention to detail
- To make welcome and thank you phone calls to new and existing regular donors
- To build relationships with all challenge and community fundraisers via phone, email and in person, making sure that each fundraiser is welcomed, thanked and fully supported
- To send fundraising resources to fundraisers and to manage stock levels and reorder materials where applicable
- To assist at challenge events (occasional evenings and weekends)
- To maximise on Gift Aid opportunities and to record accurately on the database
- To be compliant with Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice
- To undertake a range of general administrative tasks, as required
- To be able to work under own initiative, instruction from others and as part of a team.
- To supervise team volunteers
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and the post holder may be asked to undertake any other reasonable duties in connection with their post.