Senior Program Manager - Education
- Opportunity for an experienced project/ program manager to support development of the education sector in Fiji
- Initial 12 month, full time contract with the option to extend
- Based in Suva, Fiji. Some travel within Fiji may be required
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its education, health and scholarship aid programs in Fiji and its scholarship and education programs in Tuvalu. The Facility will also support the delivery of Australia’s emergency response efforts following natural disasters, and governance sector support when requested by the Fiji Government.
Australia’s Support to Fiji’s Education Sector is a key component of the Facility. The focus of the support is on systems strengthening, in particular in literacy and numeracy, inclusive education, Fiji Education Management Information System (FEMIS), and teacher preparation and development.
The Senior Program Manager – Education is responsible for providing high quality support in program planning, coordination, monitoring and logistics of the Education Program. This management position will assist the Team Leader Education in planning program activities in collaboration with key stakeholders and will lead the coordination of key Education Program Reports. Other responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Team Leader Education to organise key governance meetings;
- Working closely with the Facility Management Support Unit to monitor program expenditure and develop financial forecasts;
- Ensuring a well organised and functioning office and resources, including oversight of procurement and contractors for the program; and
- Leading and managing the administrative and financial staff within the Program
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in a relevant field and will need to demonstrate considerable experience in project management including program financial management, planning and implementing program activities, preferably in the context of development assistance programs. Experience establishing or improving business processes and systems will be required, as well as preparing quality reports for clients and stakeholders. A background in education systems, strategy or policy is desirable and we are seeking candidates who are committed to helping implement practical and impactful gender equity and social inclusion approaches to program activities.
This position is classified Category C, Level 3 (long term) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 497211
For further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 15th July 2018
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.