- Opportunity to contribute to the scholarships sector in Vanuatu
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Duration: Full time November 2017 to January 2019
Australia Awards provide prestigious international scholarships and fellowships that offer the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and the Pacific region. The goals of Australia Awards in Vanuatu are that female and male alumni contribute to the long-term development needs of Vanuatu and develop strong people-to-people and institutional links between Australia and Vanuatu that advance mutual interests.
Coffey through AAV is seeking applications for the position of Scholarships Officer to join this program.
Reserved for Vanuatu Citizens
The Scholarships Officer will support the Scholarships & Alumni Officer in the effective delivery of scholarship cycle activities. Specific activities will include promotion, assessment, selection, pre-departure, mobilisation and reintegration activities.
The Scholarships Officer will:
- Provide reliable, high quality administrative support throughout all stages of the scholarship cycle
- Develop a sound understanding of DFAT policies including the global strategy and Scholarships handbook
- Provide high quality customer service to awardees/alumni throughout the scholarship cycle, ensuring their sound understanding of program objectives, scholarship expectations and requirements
- Provide administration and logistics in preparing and implementing the assessment and selection process
- Develop effective working relationships with Australian Institution representatives
- Support in the planning, administration and logistics of IELTS testing
We are seeking applicants with tertiary qualifications in business administration, project management, office management or human resources or at least five years demonstrated experience in a similar field. The successful candidate will have at least five years’ experience in a similar highly operational role. You will have the strong ability to multi-task competing demands and tight deadlines, while maintaining quality assurance. A positive customer focused approach with the ability to maintain high ethical standards when representing AAV or dealing with AAV information is essential. You will have well developed interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and have proficient computer skills including MS office and some experience with data systems.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495636.
Applications close 5.00pm (Port Vila time) 25th October 2017
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org