Project Manager - Food Security & Livelihood
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently looking for an experienced project delegate in the field of Livelihood / Food Security.
Place of assignment: Girba (Kassala), Sudan
Duration of contract: 2 years
Purpose of the position:
The delegate is responsibe for the implementation of a Livelihood & Food Security project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Line management is provided by the Head of Office in Khartoum and the Desk Officer in Berlin.
Key Roles / Responsibilities:
- Implementation of the grant agreement in mutual cooperation with the National Society, Sudanese Red Crescent
- Full-fledged management of the project including finance following the guidelines of BMZ, German Red Cross and Sudanese Red Crescent
- Ensure all project related planning, monitoring, evaluation and progress reporting obligations (financial and project cycle management) are met, including regular field trips
- Establish a project team and strengthen project management capacities of staff members
- Link activities with other relevant stakeholders, liaise and maintain working relations with different Government departments, NGOs and civil society on behalf of German Red Cross
- Perform regular financial and narrative reporting to GRC Headquarters in Berlin in accordance with donor/partner requirements and internal GRC regulations
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of Food Security / Livelihood
- Proven strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods
- Proven experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects, experiences with BMZ funding mechanisms is an asset
- Proven experience in finance management
- Strong reporting skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience of working abroad
- Experience in cooperating with local organisations / capacity building
- Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles and willingness to adhere to them
- Skills in advocacy and for mainstreaming new concepts and approaches
- Willingness to work in a remote area
- Assertive, with high intercultural sensitivity
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner– this is a non-family post
- Very good written and oral English; knowledge of German would be a strong asset
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications in particular proficiency in excel, use of databases applications and other programmes)
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment and last but not least a comprehensive training package as well as briefings prior, during and after your mission will complete your employment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.drk.de) until 18.07.2018.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2018-078 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage https://www.drk.de/en/be-involved/international-vacancies/