Program Coordinator – Anti-Trafficking Unit
About KAFA: KAFA is a feminist Lebanese non-profit civil society organization working towards violence and exploitation of women through advocating for legal reform and change of policies and practices, influencing public opinion, and empowering victims.
Since 2005, KAFA is working to increase the social and legal protection of migrant domestic workers who are often exploited within households and by the policies applied on them. KAFA’s efforts on this level evolve around evidence-based advocacy, awareness raising and campaigning, and socio-legal support to victims of exploitation.
KAFA is seeking a program coordinator within its Anti-trafficking Unit. The position holder will be coordinating actions related to migrant domestic workers in Lebanon. The following duties are requested from the position holder:
- Lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of projects within the Unit, as well as manage the day-to-day work of the Unit team
- Work closely with targeted groups, assess their needs and write report on their situation, and provide proposals and actions to answer these needs
- Develop materials and conduct awareness raising and training sessions for different groups of stakeholders, including domestic workers
- Work occasionally nights and weekends to attend events or to organize activities
- Assist in developing and implementing advocacy demands and strategies
- Liaise and coordinate with public authorities, NGOs, local community members, media personnel and other stakeholders in support of KAFA’s advocacy work
- Identify new opportunities in terms of advocacy, actions, and funds
- Oversee the expenditures and compare them to initial grants’ budgets
- Write project proposals to potential donors
- Respond to and approach media, and represent KAFA in local and international conferences and forums.
- Master’s degree or a higher degree in a relevant field (Humanities, Law, Human Rights, Migration Gender studies, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in NGOs, preferably in relation to human rights, migration, gender issues and vulnerable groups, particularly women
- Good knowledge of human rights and gender issues
- Commitment to the principles of equality and non-discrimination
- Good planning and managerial skills and ability to lead a team and mentor staff
- Proactive and problem solving
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work under stress, in a team, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in English and Arabic with excellent writing skills in both languages, French is a strong plus.
Contract terms: One year renewable, with a probation period of 3 months.
Submission guidelines: Interested candidates should send their CV and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Program Coordinator – Anti-Trafficking Unit no later than Tuesday October 4, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.