As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Germany/Bonn, we are looking for a
Policy Advisor (m/f) Secretariat of Global Donor Platform for Rural Development
Field of activity
The Global Donor Platform for Rural Development is a network of 40 bilateral and multilateral donors, international financing institutions and foundations that share a common vision of the role that agriculture and rural development plays in reducing global poverty and combatting hunger and malnutrition. It is committed to achieving increased and more effective aid for agriculture and rural development through evidence-based advocacy and knowledge sharing. The Platform secretariat supports members’ initiatives to enhance development effectiveness through knowledge sharing and advocacy. The Platform Secretariat is managed by the German implementing agency (GIZ) in Bonn, Germany.
As Policy Advisor, you provide policy, networking and strategic support to the Platform’s governance bodies, its member organisations and partners towards the implementation of the Platform’s work programme. You will be responsible for facilitating the Platform’s engagement in various thematic rural development and food security policy areas, supporting the Platform’s promotion of collaboration, processes and outputs, as well as providing policy advice to its members and quality control of Platform outputs. In particular, you will further develop the networking and knowledge synthesis associated with both the Platform thematic outputs and members’ own initiatives.
- University degree in agricultural economics, rural development, international relations or related discipline
- Longtime relevant experience in rural development, including positions of responsibility with international institutions, multilateral or bilateral donors in the field
- Sound understanding of the basic principles of donor approaches to agricultural policy and international development
- Sound understanding of the international architecture for rural development in developing countries (including donor organizations, the private sector, NGO’s/CSO’s and non-traditional donors)
- Good communication and networking skills
- Excellent written and spoken English; competency in French and/or Spanish is an asset
For more information please visit: http://j.mp/GIZ34493