Office Administrator WASH-FIN
Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Office Administrator candidates for the USAID/WASH-FIN program.
Tetra Tech ARD is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH-FIN) project in South Africa aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps. In South Africa, the program will focus on improving WASH sector financing and service delivery through support to the Treasury and selected municipalities in leveraging additional financing through private capital and/or blended finance. The program will also undertake activities in support of government’s desire to establish a fund for water and sanitation as well as for enhanced public private partnerships in the WASH sector. WASH-FIN will further undertake knowledge management activities in South Africa and engage stakeholders from the broader SADC region. Towards this end, the project has a vacancy for an Office Administrator for South Africa to be based in Pretoria on a fixed term contract.
The South Africa Office Administrator is responsible for all financial and administrative operations in WASH-FIN’s Pretoria, South Africa office. S/he will maintain a record of all expenditures as well as receipts of funds, prepare all the documentation related to purchase or disbursement of funds. S/he will also be in charge of all administrative functions including general office administration, human resources functions, supervision of the procurement system for equipment and supplies. The Office Administrator will report to and support the South Africa Team Leader in implementing the project.
- Participate actively in the development of the strategic plan of WASH-FIN South Africa.
- Work with other members of the South Africa-based team to develop the annual budget of the WASH-FIN South Africa project and submit to WASH-FIN in the required time frame and follow up on its implementation and completion.
- Set up a reliable system of budgeting on results and performance (cost and effectiveness of interventions).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Ensure the follow up of the execution of budgets and work plans.
- Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
- Monitor cash availability daily to cover office expenditures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the project as required by the Team Leader
- Perform bank reconciliations and regular financial reports.
- Prepare salary payments including all the statutory deductions.
- Ensure that all expenses, payments, receipts, bank reconciliations and any financial information as may be required by the project coordinator are captured in QuickBooks.
- Participate in the procurement process according to USAID and Tetra Tech ARD regulations.
- Maintain the filing system according to Tetra Tech ARD requirements.
- Assist project staff, consultants and visitors with local logistic information including visas etc.
- Undertake human resources functions including establishing and maintaining effective personnel management records and files.
- Supervise the procurement system for equipment and supplies ensuring robust quality control and due diligence in full compliance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID policies, procedures and regulations.
- Liaise with relevant partners in project matters pertaining to WASH-FIN activities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Country Team Leader.
- University degree in accounting or finance or any other similar degree.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience, preferably in the management of projects funded by USAID.
- Excellent knowledge of information and computer technology, with expertise in accounting software QuickBooks.
- Understanding of the WASH sector in South Africa would be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of the English is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- List of at least three professional references. (Please provide email and phone numbers)
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2tidoaO
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is March 19, 2018.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.