Network and Communications Officer
WIN is looking for a dynamic and motivated Network and Communications Officer for its office in Berlin, Germany
The Water Integrity Network (WIN) is an NGO that supports an open network of individuals, organizations, and governments working to improve water integrity worldwide. We research the impact of corruption and poor integrity in the water sector and advocate for better governance. We also develop and promote tools for more Transparency, Accountability, Participation, and the introduction of Anti-corruption measures at all levels. WIN focuses on capacity development and risk prevention in programmes worldwide, with the aim of improving water sector performance and equity to the benefit of all, especially the most vulnerable.
WIN has a small, multilingual and highly committed team to further our mission in close cooperation with partners in government, civil society, and the private sector across the globe.
Key responsibility of the Network and Communications Officer is to collect, digest, and disseminate results and developments on water integrity and corruption in the water sector and to stimulate exchange and learning in the network.
- Support the development of WIN communities of practice
- Support the documentation of activities, results and good practices of WIN and the wider WIN network
- Contribute to the dissemination of these result, in particular through WIN’s website, newsletter, social media, webinars
- Draft, review, and edit publications and articles for distribution through diverse channels
- Develop and manage partnerships, in particular with other knowledge & advocacy networks
- Support the promotion of water integrity tools
- Act as one of WIN’s gender focus persons
- Support the organization of workshops, meetings, and other events
- Coordinate with staff, partners, and consultants, especially for publications
- Post-graduate degree or professional qualification in water management, development policies, public policy or administration, economics, journalism, communications, or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the water sector, on corruption issues, public sector reform, or communications
- Experience in working in a developing country
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience in project management and preferably project monitoring and evaluation
- CoP/learning/network exchange, webinars
- Successful experience in writing and editing communication pieces for a range of audiences
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining websites and social media presence
- Fluency in English; working knowledge of French, Spanish or German
- Knowledge of and experience with gender issues desirable
- Knowledge of designing tools, particularly InDesign and Photoshop, desirable
- Experience with NGO campaigning desirable
Job Title: Network and Communications Officer
Contract: Full time position, two-year contract
Location: WIN office, Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Reports to the WIN Executive Director
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job grade: Programme Officer
Remuneration: Depending upon experience, within WIN salary scale, grade II. Relocation allowance according to WIN e.V. rules.
Qualified candidates, legally entitled to work in Germany, should submit via email a cover letter and CV, including references to: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 25 March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WIN e.V. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about WIN, visit our website at http://www.waterintegritynetwork.net.