National Labour Market Analyst
JobStart Philippines, Labour Market Analyst
The JobStart Philippines (JSP) Program aims to assist out-of-school youth find employment. It provides training to youth from poor households, most of whom are either high school graduates or people who did not finish college.
Funded by the Government of Canada and administered by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), JSP is a partnership between the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) through the Bureau of Local Employment (BLE) and the Public Employment Service Offices (PESO) of selected Local Government Units.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Labour Market Analyst to join the JobStart Philippines Team, based in the Manila Office, with travel throughout the Philippines. The role is offered on a 12 month full time, fixed term contract basis.
The key objectives of the role are to:
• Work with DOLE to create a data warehouse bringing together various labor market data
• Work with international experts to develop a profiling model for youth at risk of becoming NEET (not in education, employment, or training)
• Provide BLE with labor market updates and analysis as requested.
Key selection criteria for the role include:
• A Masters in Economics
• At least 5 years of experience in economics or labor market analysis
• Familiar with various labor market surveys and data
• Proficient in statistics packages such as SAS, SPSS and other software
The Labour Market Analyst will be supervised by and report to the International Team Leader and the BLE JobStart Program Officer.
If your skills and experience match the criteria, please apply online at www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities. You will need to upload your covering letter and CV, and respond to selection criteria through our online portal by close of business on Sunday 1st October 2017. Please note that, to be eligible for consideration, you must apply directly through the Scope website using the above link.