Management Information Systems Adviser – Expression of Interest
- Based in Manila, Philippines
- Short Term – Up to 90 days input
The Philippines-Australia Public Financial Management for Infrastructure Program (PFM-I) is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The PFM-I works with Philippines Government agencies to help put in place the building blocks required to deliver the government’s ambitious infrastructure development agenda.
The role would be advisory, focused on supporting the incoming Director for Management Information Systems to strengthen the units responsible for the Department’s MIS strategy and IT operations.
The Department is facing an immediate need to make better use of its existing systems (including Oracle, Cube modelling software, and its KPI Monitoring system). Existing systems are hampered by lack of up to date data, a lack of current training in use of technology and the consequent reliance on parallel, manual systems. The Department will also require a systems development strategy that seeks to make better use of modern digital technology to provide the data that the Department requires for decision-making, from basic management tools through to transport network reporting and oversight.
At the same time, the Department is going through an organisation restructure, which is expected to strengthen the role of management information systems and information communications technology more generally. This will provide the opportunity to re-examine many of the organistion’s existing processes and practices with respect to data collection, storage, management, analysis, and reporting and create an ICT path for the future.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Experience in a senior IT and management role in a well-performing public sector organisation
- Demonstrated experience in managing IT strategy, with responsibility for ensuring that systems are in place to support functional requirements in a complex organisation
- Demonstrated experience in supervising the management of IT operations in a large organisation
- Experience managing external vendors (including for systems development or maintenance)
- High-level written and oral communications, ideally in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to find context-appropriate solutions for the enhancement of DOTr’s ICT network
- Experience in or understanding of the transport and/or infrastructure sector may be considered useful, but not essential
- The willingness to embrace innovative solutions for intelligent, reliable and safe transport services as well as the digital services available to enhance passenger experiences and supply chain efficiencies
- Experience in an emerging economy would be ideal, but is not essential.
The ideal candidate will be suitability qualified and demonstrate experience in a senior IT and management role with an understanding of the overall responsibilities of ‘sitting in the chair’.
Previous experience in managing IT strategy and supervising the management of IT operations within a large, complex organisation is crucial. With a focus on capacity building and a high-level of communication, an understanding of the approaches to working in an advisory role is essential.
Previous experience working in a cross cultural environment is preferred. Experience in an emerging economy would be ideal, but is not essential.
How to Apply
The position, if confirmed, will likely be classified as a C4 role under the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further details.
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495751.
The potential start date is January 2018 and will involve up to 90 input days in country.
Expressions of Interest close 5.00pm (Manila Time) 13 December 2017
For further enquires please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org