Land Tenure and Property Rights – Chief of Party
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded program in the Central African Republic (CAR).
The COP will lead a five-year program based in Bangui, CAR focused on diamond and gold artisanal mining and the associated surface and sub-surface property rights. This full-time position will lead program efforts to support responsible supply chains for key minerals, promote formalization of land and resources rights, encourage social and economic inclusion, encourage livelihood diversification in mining communities, and help resolve local conflicts over mineral and forestry resources. Support to other regional artisanal mining initiatives may be required of the COP.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s field implementation team and additional STTA resources;
- Coordinate and assume the role of spokesperson of project activities with USAID, host country government and local counterparts, and other collaborating institutions and agencies;
- Coordinate the preparation of work plans that define the activities to be carried out under the project, progress reports on project implementation and all other major project deliverables;
- Ensure that contractual obligations are met and that work plans are being successfully implemented;
- Assume overall responsibility for the establishment and efficient operations of administrative, personnel, financial, and management systems;
- Control and authorize all in-country expenditures, overseeing local currency accounts, and work with the ARD Project Manager and Controller on budget control and financial planning;
- Monitor and evaluate project performance and progress, and inform ARD and the client organization of the results of this monitoring;
- Provide technical assistance to the project in one or more specific technical areas, in accordance with the contract statement of work and approved workplan.
- Advanced degree in geology, natural resource management, economics, anthropology or related fields
- Minimum of seven years demonstrated experience with management of land tenure and natural resource governance projects or with the design and management of artisanal mining projects
- Experience working in CAR or Francophone West and Central Africa
- Spoken and written fluency in French and English and ability to communicate effectively and maintain relationships with government stakeholders and other donors
- Familiar with artisanal mining issues, the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme, conflict free gold export due diligence, livelihood diversification, and related gender constraints and opportunities
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Reference List
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2tEQTdM
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.