International Skills Development Expert
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
The International SDE will be selected by ENABEL and presented to the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES). S/he is an expert in skills development and will be supervising (i) the activities on skills development in the Albertine and Rwenzori region and (ii) the ENABEL office in Fort Portal. S/he will report to the Belgian funded SSU Intervention Manager and through him to the Program Manager and Program Steering Committee (PSC). S/he will be a member of the Program Management Team.
Support to selected Vocational and Technical InstitutesBe responsible for the Implementation of the support activities to the five selected VTIs (Vocational and Technical Institutes) in the Albertine and Rwenzori region. This support concerns pedagogical, technical and management dimensions of the VTIs. Setup and Implementation of the pilot Skills Development Fund (pSDF)Provide technical inputs and feedback in the design and setup of the pilot Skills Development Fund (pSDF), including support supervision of the grantees organizing trainings funded by the pSDF. TeamleaderLead and coach a field team of 10 National Staff in the implementation of VTI support and the SDF funded grants.
Linking with Local Government, MoES and Private Sector
Collaborate with District governments, BMOs (Business Membership Organisations) and private sector companies in the Regional Skills Development Platforms and articulate PPP-projects (Public-Private Partnership).
The International Skills Development Expert is assisting the Project Management Team in the preparation of periodic progress and financial reports.
- A Master’s degree in technical fields, social Sciences or management of Education and Training
- Minimum 5 year experience in the field of pedagogical, strategic and organisational management in TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) and in linking TVET to the private sector
- Minimum 5 year experience in working in TVET of witch at least 3 years in sub-Sahara Africa
- Relevant experience or capacity in leading a team of professionals, in supervising staff and coaching co-workers
- Experience in advising of TVET Training Funds would be an asset
- Fluent in English as working language
- Ready to work under conditions with frequent regional travel
We offer you
A contract of 23 months based in Fort Portal (70 % Fort Portal, 30 % Kampala)
Monthly salary package: (cat.2 – B417) between 5,288.32 euro and 7,524.32 euro (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
Are you interested?
Is your profile matching the one we are looking for?
Do not hesitate and send us your application letter and updated CV, at the latest by 18/10/2018 via our website: https://www.enabel.be/content/jobs