International Programmes Director
Do you want to lead a globally networked team, forge new and dynamic relationships across sectoral boundaries, influence policy debates, oversee £300m programme spend and play a key role in shaping Oxfam for the future?
Are you a visionary leader, with a deep passion for tackling the roots of injustice and poverty and experience of leading and motivating multicultural, matrix managed teams that deliver outstanding results?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
Working towards our Oxfam 2020 vision sees us currently transitioning into being a more globally networked organisation in which Oxfam GB supports the delivery of a single, shared programme by Oxfam International. Within this context you will take the strategic lead in defining Oxfam GB’s contribution to the global shared programme and provide leadership in new networked ways of thinking and working in the International Programmes Team, Oxfam GB and the wider Oxfam family.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a ground-breaking role in shaping Oxfam to make even greater advances in eradicating extreme poverty and gender injustice around the world.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant senior leadership experience of managing and motivating multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and matrix managed teams to deliver outstanding results.
- Experience of developing the capacities and capabilities across an organisation so that it thrives as a networked organisation.
- A track record of understanding and experience in developing and managing multi-country, large scale, high quality, innovative programming.
- Substantial experience of developing and delivering high value institutional funding income.
- Proven track record of external representation at the highest levels including understanding of and experience with all forms of media.
- Committed to a rights based approach including an active commitment to putting women’s rights at the heart of all we do as well as the rights of other marginalised people.
- Willingness to travel c.10 weeks per year.
Please note, we are not accepting applications for this role via this website! For more details including how to apply please visit www.macaulaysearch.com/opportunities/
Applications must be received by Friday 4th August, 12pm (BST).