International Individual Consultancy/Team Leader
UNICEF Moldova is seeking an International Individual Consultancy/Team Leader to assist the Government of the Republic of Moldova in designing a financing scheme and funding allocation framework for pre-schools (covering children 3-7 years of age).
- Develop three possible funding frameworks/ scenarios (including formulas and any additional funding provisions) that should accompany the proposed allocation mechanisms (ex: capital investment fund, etc.). Suggested frameworks will cover both public and private providers of ECE services. Three scenarios are required to allow central and local authorities chose the option that would be more suitable for the country context.
- Estimate total spending on ECE as per the 3 possible funding frameworks
- Develop a Road Map for the formula’s piloting and institutionalization.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced university degree in the area of Public Finance, Economics or related field
- Experience in developing funding frameworks at preschool/or general education levels in at least two middle-income countries
- Experience developing action plans and piloting or advising countries during the implementation of new funding frameworks and financing schemes.
- Excellent analytical capacity, including authoring at least 3 publications in the field of education financing, human development, and statistics
- Sound knowledge of financing mechanisms in the education sector, especially at pre-school level and for inclusive education. Knowledge of international experience of investment and funding in preschool education and social budgeting systems (preferably in CEE/CIS)
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written. Working command of Romanian and/ or Russian is a strong asset.
- Proven experience in leading teams and excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with persons from various backgrounds
- Experience in working with UNICEF or other UN Agencies will be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in the field in CEE/CIS region including Moldova is a strong asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507089
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 26 September 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
We would appreciate a wider circulation in order to reach a broader range of interested candidates!