International Development Communications Internship
International Development Communications Internship. Arlington, VA
Tetra Tech is accepting applications for a well-qualified Communications Intern for our International Development Services (IDS) Communications team, based in our Arlington, Virginia office. The Intern will learn more about communications and public relations, marketing, and, positioning and branding the IDS group’s subsidiary companies within the development industry. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skill sets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This position will be based in Tetra Tech’s International Development Services headquarters in Arlington, Virginia.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week: duration is at least three months.
Application deadline is April 23, 2018 and the Internship will start Monday, June 4, or Monday, June 11, 2018.
- Assist the Outreach and Communications Specialist with coordinating logistics for DC-based events and conferences;
- Collaborate on the creation of graphics, artwork and marketing materials as directed;
- Order and organize inventory of marketing materials and branded giveaways for the Arlington office;
- Support the Outreach and Communications Specialist with generation of social media content from the field which may include developing and publishing creative content for our social media accounts, tracking analytics using KPIs and other measurable digital tools;
- Contribute to the development of new website content and refresh existing content on tetratech.com/intdev;
- Provide communications assistance to USAID-funded project implementation teams in coordination with other Tetra Tech units as needed; and
- Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, helping coordinate materials for external and internal events, career fairs; attending meetings and webinars, sharing results; and providing general project support as needed.
- Recently completed or in-progress Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing, international relations, public relations, communications, or a related field required;
- Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career international development, public relations, communications, or a related field strongly preferred;
- Strong experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and/or video software;
- Practical experience using social media and social media analytics tools in a professional environment preferred;
- Clear and effective communications and synthesis skills, especially across technologies, cultures, and hierarchies;
- Consistently strong organizational skills, follow through, and attention to detail required;
- Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator; and
- Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process by April 23, 2018:
- A letter of application explaining qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV or resume in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
- A one page infographic or notable highlight from your graphics portfolio
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2GxCh8H
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.