Individual Consultant: IT Support
Job Number: 507436 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Central and Eastern Europe: Republic of Moldova
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF Moldova is looking for an individual consultant to provide IT support in designing Business Processes affiliated to social services for children at risk and children separated from their parents as part of the “Social Services” module of the Automated Informational System “Social Assistance”
- Objectives: The objective of the consultancy is to provide specialized IT support to the Social Assistance Specialist developing business processes affiliated to social services for children at risk and children separated from their parents, as well as monitoring the activity of the guardianship authorities and social services providers for these children. Particular focus shall be placed on the types of services provided to children, duration of staying in social services, implementation of minimum quality standards for services, and staff performance.
The proposed business processes shall describe the following services:
- Day-care centre for children at risk (Centrul de zi pentru copii în situație de risc);
- Day-care centre for children with disabilities (Centrul de zi pentru copii cu dizabilități);
- Temporary placement centre for children at risk (Centrul de plasament temporar pentru copii în situație de risc);
- Temporary placement centre for children with disabilities (Centrul de plasament temporar pentru copii cu dizabilități);
- Maternal centre (Centrul maternal);
- Foster care (Asistență parentală profesionistă);
- Family-type group home (Casa de copii de tip familial);
- Community home for children at risk (Casa comunitară pentru copii în situație de risc);
- Respite care for children with disabilities (Serviciul de răgaz pentru copii cu dizabilități);
- Family support (Sprijin familial);
- Guardianship/curatorship (Tutela/curatela);
- Centre for psycho-social assistance of children victims of violence, abuse and exploitation (Centrul de asistență psiho-socială a copiilor victime a violenței, abuzului și exploatării);
- Centre for assistance and protection of victims and potential victims of human trafficking (Centrul pentru asistența și protecția victimelor și potențialelor victime ale traficului de ființe umane).
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in ICT;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing and using databases;
- Familiarity with Java 8, REST, Jersey, Spring, JPA/Hibernate, jBPM, AngularJS, Apache Tomcat, Jasper Reports, Redis (cache + pub-sub), Oracle, Linux and modelling of business processes;
- Fluency in English and/or Romanian (the translation will be arranged by the Contractor and translation costs included in financial proposal);
- Experience in child related programs/databases will be a strong asset;
- Knowledge of business processes accompanying the social services in Moldova will be a strong asset;
- Previous work with UNICEF or other UN agencies is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Your online application should contain two separate attachments: Financial Bid and Technical Proposal, which you can find bellow.
Please secure the Financial Proposal *.pdf document with a password on document view; the password will be requested only from technically qualified candidates
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 10 October 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit:http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
We would appreciate a wider circulation in order to reach a broader range of interested candidates!