Individual Consultancy: Social Assistance Specialist
Job Number: 507443 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Central and Eastern Europe: Republic of Moldova
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF Moldova is looking for an individual consultant, Social Assistance Specialist, to analyse and translate social services’ regulatory frameworks into business processes affiliated to social services for children at risk and children separated from their parents as part of the “Social Services” module of the Automated Informational System “Social Assistance”.
Objectives: To analyse and translate social services’ regulatory frameworks into business processes affiliated to social services for children at risk and children separated from their parents, as well as affiliated to monitoring of the activity of the guardianship authorities and social services providers for these children. Particular focus shall be placed on the types of services provided to children, duration of staying in social services, implementation of minimum quality standards for services, and staff performance.
The proposed business processes shall describe the following services:
- Day-care centre for children at risk (Centrul de zi pentru copii în situație de risc);
- Day-care centre for children with disabilities (Centrul de zi pentru copii cu dizabilități);
- Temporary placement centre for children at risk (Centrul de plasament temporar pentru copii în situație de risc);
- Temporary placement centre for children with disabilities (Centrul de plasament temporar pentru copii cu dizabilități);
- Maternal centre (Centrul maternal);
- Foster care (Asistență parentală profesionistă);
- Family-type group home (Casa de copii de tip familial);
- Community home for children at risk (Casa comunitară pentru copii în situație de risc);
- Respite care for children with disabilities (Serviciul de răgaz pentru copii cu dizabilități);
- Family support (Sprijin familial);
- Guardianship/curatorship (Tutela/curatela);
- Centre for psycho-social assistance of children victims of violence, abuse and exploitation (Centrul de asistență psiho-socială a copiilor victime a violenței, abuzului și exploatării);
- Centre for assistance and protection of victims and potential victims of human trafficking (Centrul pentru asistența și protecția victimelor și potențialelor victime ale traficului de ființe umane).
Qualifications and experience:
The competencies required from the contractor are the following:
- University Degree in Social policy, Social work, Law or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in social protection and/or child protection;
- Proven knowledge of specialized social services for children;
- Strong knowledge of business processes accompanying the social services for children in Moldova;
- Familiarity with information systems and computer literacy;
- Previous work with UNICEF or other UN agencies is an asset;
- Fluency in English and/or Romanian.
HOW TO APPLY: Your online application should contain two separate attachments: Financial Bid and Technical Proposal, which you can find bellow. Please secure the Financial Proposal *.pdf document with a password on document view; the password will be requested only from technically qualified candidates
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 10 September 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit:http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
We would appreciate a wider circulation in order to reach a broader range of interested candidates!