Individual Consultancy on Public Finance for the Development of the National Action Plan for the implementation of the Cross-sec
UNICEF Moldova is seeking a Financial Expert to provide quality technical advice and support to Ministry of Education in budgeting the activities of the cross-sectoral mid-term Action Plan to the National Strategy on Developing Parental Abilities and Competencies, 2016-2022.
- Participate in the initial consultations with relevant stakeholders (including but not limited to Ministry of Education, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labour Social Protection and Family, and Ministry of Health) to agree on key steps for developing the Action Plan (AP) to the National Strategy on Developing Parental Abilities and Competencies, 2016-2022 ;
- Analyse the cost-effectiveness and affordability of planned parenting initiatives in the Action Plan taking into consideration relevant line Ministries budget analysis and the overall analysis of the fiscal space for the three concerned Sectors – Education, Health and Social Protection;
- Develop cost simulation models for the Action Plan;
- Through consultative process, involving key technical experts from Ministry of Finance and other line ministries, develop the itemized budget of the Action Plan.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Economics or related field. Accountancy or another professional financial qualification would also be desirable;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in budgeting governmental social sectors policies or programs. Budgeting of parenting governmental programs is an asset;
- Work experience in developing countries and/or CEE/CIS will be an asset;
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with senior government officials and staff of international aid agencies will be an asset;
- Experience in working with the Government of Moldova and/or UNICEF or other UN Agencies will be an asset;
- Excellent command of Romanian or Russian, both oral and written;
- Working knowledge of English is a minimum, good command of English is a strong asset, both oral and written.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505792
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 28 July 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
We would appreciate a wider circulation in order to reach a broader range of interested candidates!