Individual Consultancy in Education, Team Leader for the Development of the National Action Plan for the implementation of the C
UNICEF Moldova is seeking an Education Expert, Team Leader to support the Ministry of Education in the development of the cross-sectorial mid-term Action Plan (AP) to the National Strategy on Developing Parental Abilities and Competencies, 2016-2022.
- Conduct initial consultations with relevant stakeholders (including but not limited to Ministry of Education, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labour Social Protection and Family and Ministry of Health) to agree on key steps for developing the Action Plan (AP) to the Parenting Strategy;
- Develop a detailed road map and timeline for the development of the AP, in consultation with stakeholders and UNICEF;
- Based on key strategic objectives of the Parenting Strategy, develop the Action Plan and its key costed activities (per sector) through a consultative process, involving key technical experts from line ministries, CSO and adolescents;
- Develop a clear robust Monitoring and Evaluation framework to the Action Plan;
- Provide an estimated cost to each activity of the Action Plan;
- Ensure the meaningful involvement of children and adolescents in the development of the Action Plan and its M&E framework.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced University Degree in Education;
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in strategic national planning in education;
- Proven experience in developing results-based government policies, programs, and/or guidelines in education and/or parenting;
- Proven experience in leading teams and ability to ensure engagement of experts from variety of technical fields (health, finance and child protection system specialists)
- Demonstrated experience in the CEE/CIS region including Moldova is a strong asset;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Fluency in Romanian will be a distinct advantage;
- Working command of Romanian and/ or Russian is a strong asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505788
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 28 July 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
We would appreciate a wider circulation in order to reach a broader range of interested candidates!