Individual consultancy to conduct a feasibility study on the ratification by the Republic of Moldova of the Third Optional Prot
UNICEF Moldova is looking for an individual consultant to conduct a feasibility study on the ratification by the Republic of Moldova of the Third Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Communication Procedure
Objectives: This consultancy is aimed at informing the Government of Moldova on the opportunities for ratification of the Third Optional Protocol to the CRC on a Communication Procedure, thus creating the necessary knowledge and argumentation basis for further aligning the Moldovan legal framework to the CRC provisions. The consultancy shall also look into legal or practical impediments to the ratification, as well as proposals to overcome or mitigate any such impediments.
The competencies required from the contractor are the following:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent (5-year university education) in Law, Human Rights, International Public Law, International Relations or other relevant field;
- At least three years of proven professional experience as a researcher in legal area, legal analysis or other related field;
- Analytical capacity and proven experience in qualitative data collection and conducting desk-review, assessments, studies, etc. (relevant documents need to be attached);
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of international human rights law, in particular as concerns children’s rights;
- Experience in working with international organizations (working with UNICEF/other UN Agencies is an asset);
- Fluency in English and/or Romanian (the translation will be arranged by the Contractor and translation costs included in Financial proposal).
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position and read more detailed information, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505676
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 17 July 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
We would appreciate a wider circulation in order to reach a broader range of interested candidates!