Impact Investing Consultant
Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a range of sectors, including Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding, Stabilisation, Humanitarian Assistance, Climate Change, Private Sector Development, Health, Governance and Social Protection and Livelihoods. We specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and our work ranges from designing MEL systems for multi-million Pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
We are developing a growing presence within Impact Investing by bringing together the capital markets and development sectors so that finance can be deployed for transformative change in welfare in developing countries. The emerging portfolio comprises high profile evaluations and advisory services that support foundations, donors and private clients to manage their portfolios of grants and investments to business
There are three key areas to our work:
- Portfolio reviews, evaluations: We conduct rapid reviews and rigorous evaluations of investment portfolios, and investment strategies to understand strengths and weaknesses and advise on improvements towards achieving the intended impact
- Evaluation and learning systems: We support the development of evaluation and learning systems that generate evidence informed learning at all levels of an investment fund: beneficiaries, portfolio companies, fund manager, and investors
- Supporting evidence informed policy making: We research, evaluate and advise on the best ways of strengthening impact measurement and management systems for impact investing, and to inform evidence informed policy making both through improving the supply of evidence and the demand for it among stakeholders in the impact investing sector
This role is ideal for candidates who have worked in a consultancy environment, particularly within private sector development monitoring and evaluation.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, candidates must have proven experience of monitoring and evaluation and/or research in international development and ideally some experience gained in private sector development. A crucial skill will be the ability to design and implement management and evaluation systems and supporting evidence-informed policy making. In addition, a strong educational background (ideally to Masters level) in a relevant subject area with substantive, postgraduate experience is essential.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation assignments as a project manager or in a technical role within the team ensuring projects are managed to timelines and within budgets
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging opportunities and trends in the sector, and contribute to Impact Investing business development strategy
- Work with the Business Development team to develop expressions of interest and proposals, including leading on the proposed evaluation design, evaluating learning systems and policy making and identifying suitable external associates for project teams and consortia where appropriate
- Work collaboratively with internal and external associates, clients, academics and researchers
- Strong Private Sector Development experience, ideally with fund managers and investors
- Proven analytical and technical writing skills to produce and summarise complex evidence-based findings in a clear and engaging style
- Strong client orientation and service delivery approach, including managing stakeholder relationships and understanding the commercial drivers and challenges
- Experience of at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis, e.g. qualitative methods, survey design, survey sampling, quantitative statistical analysis
- Experience and proven success in delivering complex assignments for a range of international clients, or as a staff member within an international development consultancy company
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please submit all applications here: https://itadltd.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=48
The closing date for applications is November 4th and we will be interviewing successful candidates during the week of November 6th
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.