Health Safety and Security (HSS) Officer
- Opportunity to join the Australia Awards program and contribute to health, safety and security for program operations
- 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension
- Based in Port Moresby. Some program travel may be required
- Start date ideally in September 2017
Australia Awards – Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and PNG. It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia, and the provision of in-PNG scholarships.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program fosters people-to-people links between Australia and PNG and ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The Awards program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
Australia Awards – PNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Fellowships – Papua New Guinea (short courses) for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, there are currently four activity streams: 1) Australia Awards; 2) PNG and Pacific Awards; 3) Alumni Engagement; and 4) Professional Development and Partnerships. Australia Awards – PNG is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government.
The Health Safety and Security (HSS) Officer is responsible for the implementation of HSS activities for AAPNG operations including; program travel within PNG, movements and security in Port Moresby and work health and safety for the office. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing travel security and logistics planning for all provincial travel in PNG;
- Undertaking pre and post-trip travel briefings with staff;
- Arranging and administering security briefings for staff;
- Preparing HSS documentation and administering procedures in the office; and
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records for HSS and program travel operations.
The ideal candidate will have achieved Year 12 qualifications or higher and have a current drivers licence. Demonstrated experience in a similar role in the government, private or development sector is required, with experience in implementing HSS procedures, travel coordination, general office administration and liaison with suppliers. Candidates will also need high level inter-personal and communication skills for building and maintaining relationships internally and externally with suppliers and other stakeholders.
How to apply:
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 495554
Applications close 1500 (PNG time) 15 September 2017.
For further enquiries please contact: email@example.com.
This program is managed by Coffey on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.