Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a range of sectors, including Education, Health, Governance, Social Protection and Livelihoods, Climate Change and Private Sector Development. We specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and our work ranges from designing MEL systems for multi-million Pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
Itad is a values based company. We make a difference delivering technical excellence and innovation, contributing through collaboration and learning, gender equality and social inclusion and providing opportunities for personal development to staff. Itad offers the opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic and stimulating environment.
Our Education team is growing quickly and is currently providing MEL services to a range of clients, including the Global Partnership for Education, the UK Government and the Swedish government, across a range of regions. Our projects range from designing complex M&E systems for multi-million pound initiatives, to providing strategic advice to programmes and organisations, and to conducting long-term, multi-country impact evaluations.
We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to join the education team and support our existing MEL work and pursue new opportunities, expanding the portfolio of the Education team and be actively involved in developing proposals and bids.
The role is based in our offices in Hove (East Sussex) but with travel within the UK and internationally.
The Education team is looking for a dynamic and motivated Consultant or Senior Consultant with strong analytical skills. The consultant will be joining a rapidly expanding team and will help to maintain the high quality of existing contracts and support the team in seizing new opportunities for growth.
This is a technical role and proven experience of applying a range of evaluation designs and methods (qualitative and quantitative), as well as MEL thinking and practice is required.
The successful candidate will have consultancy experience and be able to quickly establish credible and strong working relationships with team members, clients, partners and stakeholders. In addition, a Senior Consultant will have the ability to lead, manage and motivate others. A clear understanding of commercial drivers and how they can influence both bidding and delivery is essential.
- Manage the high-quality delivery of a range of technical MEL assignments by working pro-actively with internal and external teams, including associate consultants and partner organisations
- Ensure information and learning is captured and shared throughout assignment delivery to enable efficient and effective decision making
- Ensure that assignments are managed on time and to budget, and within agreed company financial frameworks
- Identify and mitigate risks and challenges to the successful delivery of projects
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging opportunities, trends and ideas within the Education space.
- As agreed with the Theme Lead, seek out and pursue new business opportunities and assess business leads identified by Business Development & Marketing to determine their commercial viability
- Work with the Business Development & Marketing team in the production of EOIs and Proposals, including identifying suitable external associates for project teams and consortia where appropriate
- Proactively develop and maintain a professional network with clients, partners, external associates and like-minded organisations, leveraging opportunities to build external profile as a subject matter expert
At the Senior level a consultant will also:
- Contribute to the Theme’s business development strategy by identifying opportunities to promote our interests/expertise
- Contribute to the growth of our reputational capital and positioning as a thought leader by assisting in the development of knowledge capital and products for external use
Professional Expertise & Key Competencies
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD in Social Science, economics or development related discipline
- Demonstrated experience of working on MEL assignments in education is essential
- Demonstrated MEL technical expertise and experience of evaluating education programmes and policies in developing countries
- Experience in contributing to MEL assignments for an international client, in a consultancy role or as a staff member within a major aid agency or think-tank
- Technical expertise in qualitative or quantitative methodologies and data analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in one or more other UN language is an advantage
In addition, at the Senior Consultant level:
- Experience and proven success in managing the delivery of MEL assignments for a range of international clients in a consultancy role or as a staff member within a major aid agency is essential
- Significant technical expertise in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis is essential, e.g. qualitative methods; survey design; survey sampling; quantitative statistical analysis
- High-level analytical skills and the ability to think critically are essential
The closing date for applications is December 6th and we will be meeting successful candidates during the week of December 11th.
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.