Global Maternal and Child Health Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The Global Maternal and Child Health Program invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position. The successful candidate will contribute to longitudinal studies focused on interventions to improve maternal and child health and the delivery of care in underserved settings. The research is conducted jointly between Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital, and Harvard Chan School of Public Health. The position is based in Ethiopia. Working under the guidance of Professor Grace Chan, the Fellow is expected to participate actively in research, writing, and dissemination of results.
- Candidates should hold a doctoral degree in a relevant field, such as global health, demography, or epidemiology, including course work in biostatistics or computerized analytic techniques. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellence in research epidemiology and methods.
- Experience with primary data collection, particularly in low- middle-income country settings, data management, and supervision of research studies is desirable.
- Knowledge of study design, sampling methods, and statistical methods, including longitudinal data analysis, multi-level modeling, survival analysis, and causal inference
- Proficiency in a range of data management and statistical software (e.g. STATA and web based electronic data capture system such as REDCAP) is preferred.
To apply, please submit the following to Abigail Russo at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 1-page personal statement of professional goals and objectives for the fellowship
- Three professional references
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.