Global Health Pediatric Fellowship
The Global Health Program at Boston Children's Hospital is now accepting applications for the Global Pediatric Fellowship and the Global Research Fellowship (July 2019 start date).
Global Pediatric Fellowship
This fellowship aims to train future leaders in global child health as well as support the development of essential child health services in regions of the world with greatest need and limited access to health providers. Our goal is to train a cadre of pediatricians who have the skills and long term commitment necessary to make an impact in improving child health in some of the neediest global settings. The focus of the fellowship is on skills in global health service delivery, including skills in clinical care, medical education, program development, management, evaluation, quality improvement, and in implementation focused research. For more details, please download our brochure.
Global Research Fellowship
This fellowship aims to train future leaders in global pediatric research. Fellowship goals will be structured in four areas:
- Research – to develop research skills to design studies, analyze data, and disseminate findings in pediatric global health
- Field Implementation – to manage and implement high quality studies in resource limited settings within complex health systems in collaboration with local partners and stakeholders
- Clinical Practice – to develop clinical skills to diagnose, treat and manage pediatric diseases in an acute care setting at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Education – to build clinical and research capacity as an effective educator in resource limited settings.
For more details, please download our brochure.
- Applicants must be Board-certified or Board-eligible in Pediatrics or Medicine-Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- International Medical Graduates, including graduates from Canadian medical schools, must pass USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3 by December 31, 2018.
- For the Global Research Fellowship, a PhD or Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Public Health or related field is REQUIRED
A select number of candidates will be invited to Boston for interviews. This year's interview days are in October. The day will include a brief orientation session, a series of interviews, and lunch with BCH Global Health Faculty & Fellows. Invitations to interview will be made on a rolling basis. Please apply early.
Please contact Therese Fleisher firstname.lastname@example.org