Global Development Director
Oxford HR have been retained as an executive search consultancy to appoint the new Global Development Director for World Animal Protection, an international non-profit organisation with a vision for a world where animal welfare matters and animal cruelty has ended.
World Animal Protection operates in over 50 countries across the world, with offices in every continent. Running campaigns in order to protect animals from cruelty, exploitation and disasters, they believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution. As a change organisation they improve the lives of animals by making systemic change on a huge scale. Supported by their strong digital presence and influence in the media, they are mobilising millions of people to champion improved welfare for animals worldwide.
Part of the Global Leadership Team (GLT) the Global Development Director will be managing the International Marketing, Communications and Fundraising functions and provide the global leadership needed to build a movement across all of World Animal Protection activities. The two main priorities of the role will be developing the strategy of this global movement and generating the vital income needed to deliver their mission. The ideal candidate will have the leadership skills required to mobilise people across the world through the ability to improve the global performance of the brand, ensure communications for programmatic campaigns are delivered effectively, achieve their global income targets and develop their marketing communications and fundraising staff globally.
- Educated to degree level with a postgraduate professional qualification in marketing/ management/fundraising or demonstrable equivalent work experience
- Experience operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an INGO or NGO
- International brand/marketing experience, preferably including the not for profit sector
- A successful track record leading/directing fundraising in a major INGO or NGO, or equivalent relevant experience in the corporate sector
- A successful track record leading internal, public, media and social communication in a major INGO or NGO, or equivalent relevant experience in the corporate sector
- A proven, successful track record of embedding digital and social media approaches into marketing, communications and fundraising programmes
- Experience of supporter/public data and audience analysis and engagement strategies
- Demonstrable experience of managing a multi-function team and integrating across teams
- Experience of successful budget planning and financial decision making and of having managed budgets of £10 million or more
- Previous experience of senior leadership and/or reporting at Board level
Skills and abilities
- Charismatic leader
- Strategic, focused, structured planner
- Clear, original and creative thinker
- Strong motivational leadership skills
- Natural collaborator
- Ability to set and communicate clear, measurable goals and expectations.
- Effective and decisive management and business planning skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise work to deadlines and achieve results with and through others
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships across all levels and teams
- Excellent presentation skills and written and spoken English
- Ability to work internationally and in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
- Good negotiation skills, with the ability to persuade effectively and deliver convincing arguments
To apply for this post, please find the role on Oxford HR website, click on the “Apply” button and complete the online application form, attaching an up-to-date CV in Word format.
To do so please visit: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/job/global-development-director/