Fiscal Planning and Budget Management Adviser - Health
- Opportunity to contribute to the public health sector in Fiji
- Full time, 15 month contract (long term)
- Based in Suva, Fiji. Travel within Fiji will be required
- Preferred start date in January 2018
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its education, health and scholarship aid programs in Fiji and its scholarship program in Tuvalu. The Facility will also support the delivery of Australia’s emergency response efforts following natural disasters, and governance sector support when requested by the Fiji Government.
Support to Fiji’s health sector is a key component of the Facility. The focus of the support is on strengthening health service delivery as well as health systems strengthening, in particular financial planning, policy and management.
Coffey, through the Facility, is seeking applications for a key technical adviser, Fiscal Planning and Budget Management Adviser to contribute to the health program’s goals.
The Fiscal Planning and Budget Management Adviser – Health will work with senior managers across the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MoHMS) and other key stakeholders to:
- Undertake a review, including consulting and engaging with key colleagues in the MoHMS and stakeholders through workshops and interviews, to understand the current fiscal planning and budget processes and key challenges;
- Collaboratively develop a Fiscal Planning and Budget Improvement Plan, identifying key areas for improvement;
- Support some key areas ahead of the Improvement Plan being complete, including supporting some managers to develop their budget bids for 2018/19; and
- Support the implementation of the Improvement Plan in key areas to be agreed by the MoHMS and Health Program.
The ideal candidate will have relevant tertiary qualifications, combined with demonstrated senior level experience in developing or reviewing and improving budget cycle management processes in government agencies in developing countries, ideally in the health sector. Experience both costing health services and preparing budgets for service delivery as well as managing to those budgets within delegation rules will be required. A commitment to addressing development issues such as gender equity, social inclusion and disability is also desired. Previous experience working in teams and mentoring and coaching professional colleagues from different social cultural backgrounds is required for success and experience in Fiji or the Pacific is desirable.
This position is classified Category D, Level 3 (long term) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 495750
Please visit our careers page to view other current opportunities with this program.
For further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 13th December 2017
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.