Finance and Administration Officer South Sudan
Finance and Administration Officer
For our Programs in South Sudan HealthNet is looking for a pro-active and pragmatic Finance and Administration Officer with strong track record in project administration and reporting.
HealthNet is a Dutch aid agency that works on health in areas disrupted by war or disasters. In these areas people are facing the immense task of rebuilding society while they suffer from poverty, diseases and the emotional consequences of conflict. We use ‘health’ as both a goal and means: the goal is to reach accessible health care for all. By working on that together with local communities we use ‘health’ as a means to bring people together and to restore mutual trust.
The South Sudan Programs
HealthNet has an extensive track record in South Sudan, which has been built around four independent themes: i) Health System Strengthening, ii) Disease Control iii) Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, and iv) Sexual and Reproductive Health. Currently HealthNet is active in the States of Wau State and Lol State. The main funding sources are Health Pooled Fund, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and UN agencies (such as UNICEF).
HealthNet maintains a small office in Juba. Field offices are based in Wau, Raja, and Nyamlel in former Aweil West. The financial and administration Officer will be stationed in Juba with frequent travels to the field offices.
Your key accountabilities and outputs
You are responsible for all financial and administrative issues pertaining to the running of the country offices and programs and to a lesser degree logistical issues. You do advise the three field offices. You are reporting to the Country Director and will be supported by a logistics officer. You will work closely together with the project coordinators and finance officers in field offices, as well as with relevant colleagues at headquarters in Amsterdam.
Your main tasks will be:
- Prepare the monthly bookkeeping and administration for Juba office and review the monthly bookkeeping for all South Sudan offices.
- Support in the preparation of project budgets;
- Prepare concept financial project reports for review at headquarter.
- Monitor and maintain sufficient cash flows both in Juba as well as in field offices.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of HealthNet, donors and national and local authorities.
- Facilitate external and internal audits.
- Prepare the monthly payroll for review at headquarter.
- Monitor and coordinate all logistic matters such as travel and accommodation, work- and visit permits, transport fleet, offices and guesthouses and its equipment. In logistic matters you share this workload with the Juba-stationed logistics officer.
- Manage up-to-date registers for all fixed assets in ownership of, or under the management of HealthNet, including periodic review of conditions.
- Responsible for well-maintained filing systems and record keeping.
- Any additional task as required by the Country Director
Your expected outputs include:
- Timely produced, reliable, periodic concept donor reports based on HealthNet’s reporting processes.
- Timely produced, reliable monthly book keeping and administration based on HealthNet’s bookkeeping processes.
- Reliable register for fixed assets
- Compliance with policies and procedures of HealthNet, donors and national and local authorities.
You can / have
- The South Sudanese nationality
- Bachelor Degree in accounting or accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA from recognised academic Institution
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in the field of financial administration
- Experience in working with various institutional donors, and their regulations
- Fluent (speaking and writing) in English;
- Good communication skills
- Good planning and organization skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- A dynamic, international, cultural diverse working environment;
- A full time position, starting as soon as possible initially for 6 months with the option to extend based on performance and donor funding.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV (maximum of 4 pages) and application letter (including your motivation, maximum one page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 20th August 2017 by 4.00pm Juba time. When applying, include the following title in the email subject line: FAO.
Hand delivered application can be dropped at the reception of HealthNet TPO offices, Sadeco Centre, Airport –Ministry Road. Opposite Aiprot –UNMISS T-Junction in Tongping.
First interviews will be held on 23rd August 2017 at the HealthNet office in Juba location.
Please Note due to high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
For specific questions about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org