Finance and Administration Manager
- Based in Vientiane, Laos
- 12 month contract initially, with potential for extension
The Laos Australia Institute (LAI) supports human resource development (HRD) in Laos. It is the Australian Government’s leading program for scholarships and training, as well as a source of technical advice and support to the public and private sectors. Stronger human resources are essential for economic growth and competitiveness in Laos, and to its ability to provide its citizens with the social services required for equitable development. LAI started operations in 2014, and is now entering a second phase, which will run for four years from July 2017 to June 2021. The goal of the second phase is to ensure that Lao is making good use of all its human resources to advance sustainable development. LAI helps Laos to achieve this through a range of activities including scholarships, training and organisational capacity building.
Reserved for Laos Citizens
Working closely with staff of the Scholarships and HRD Teams, the Finance and Administration Manager will ensure effective delivery of LAI programs and activities whilst overseeing the work of the Finance and Administration Assistant. Some key responsibilities will include:
- Management of financial administration for LAI including budget forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Oversight of finance systems including raising purchase orders, maintaining and filing financial documentation and reporting
- Oversight the preparation of monthly project reporting using QuickBooks
- Prepare ad-hoc expenditure reports as required
- Undertake payroll duties for National staff including appropriate statutory obligations and tax payments
- Manage the project bank account
- Prepare appropriate documents for taxation
- Maintain accurate records for staff including details of leave taken and accrued
- Ensure that travel applications and travel expense acquittal forms are completed properly and manage the reporting of all such expenditure
- Management of administrative tasks associated with the procurement, inventory and control of office supplies and materials, including vehicles
We are seeking applicants with relevant tertiary qualifications in finance or business administration with a current Lao driving licence. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in financial and administration management, budget management, account management and contract management. You will have experience in maintaining appropriate quality systems and records, preferably in a similar project environment as well as having extensive experience in the use of accounting packages in particular QuickBooks. Your excellent management and supervisory skills, including the ability to set clear instructions and manage the work of others will help you succeed in this role. You will have a high level of oral and written English and have solid experience in dealing with multiple clients and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines. You will also develop good working relationships with clients, stakeholders and project team members.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the reference number 495485.
Applications close 5.00pm (Vientiane time) 25th August 2017
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org