Expression of Interest - Contract Management Adviser
The Philippines-Australia Public Financial Management for Infrastructure Program (PFM-I) is managed by Coffey International Development on behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The PFM-I works with Philippines Government agencies to help put in place the building blocks required to deliver the Government’s ambitious infrastructure development agenda.
The Government of the Philippines has embarked on a Budget Reform Program, which will come into effect in FY2019, in place of the current obligation-based budgeting system. One of the implications of this reform is the need to strengthen procedures for the inspection of goods and services (including infrastructure) received by Government agencies. In a cash appropriations system, agencies will have to be able to promptly inspect and receive goods and services within the financial year of delivery, to ensure that budget execution is recognised. The Government has noted that this will be a challenge within the current procedural framework. The Government policy to significantly increase expenditure (especially for infrastructure) will require all agencies to improve inspection so to meet the growing demands.
PFM-I is examining the possibility of appointing a Contract Management Adviser, who will assist Government to ensure it is equipped to inspect and receive goods and services efficiently and with the proper controls in place.
Although the potential role is still being designed, it is expected that the Adviser will work with members of the interagency Inspection and Payments Task Team (comprising DBM, Bureau of Treasury, DPWH, DSWD, DOH and COA) over a six month period to:
- Research and document existing agency practices;
- Examine obstacles to efficient and effective inspection of goods and services (including infrastructure) by Government including procedural, policy, competency, or staffing constraints;
- Analyse and make recommendations on changes to procedures that will streamline inspection processes, while retaining all necessary rigor. Analyse the implications of those changes in terms of existing legislation, staffing, regulations or other policy;
- Facilitate dialogue between relevant agencies (e.g. DBM, COA, implementing agencies) on key issues;
- Draft new policies and procedures as necessary, and assist with communicating those procedures as necessary.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Good understanding of Government policies and procedures on contract management, in particular related to the inspection of goods and services (including infrastructure);
- Familiarity with those aspects of RA9184 and other DBM and COA requirements relevant to contract management and inspection;
- Senior-level experience in supplier and contract management (or inventory management) in the Philippines Government, OR contract management experience as a supplier to Government;
- Experience working successfully to introduce a policy, procedural or management reform;
- Exposure to international practices with respect to inspection and payments is desirable;
- Very strong analytical skills and communication skills (written and oral);
- Ability to liaise confidently with senior Government officials.
This role is reserved for Philippine Nationals.
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm (Manila time) Wednesday February 14.
For further enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job number 495844
Coffey has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.