Expert in Capacity Development and Change Management in the Energy sector
In view of the further development of its activities BTC is currently looking for a (m/f):
International Technical Assistant,
Expert in capacity development and change management in the energy sector
Location: based in Quelimane, Zambezia province, with travel to Manica and Sofala, and possibly Niassa and Nampula.
Duration of the contract: 36 months
Probable starting date: as soon as possible
Monthly salary package: (cat. B417) between 5.186,32 euro and 7.380,58 euro (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
BTC will recruit an Expert with experience in Capacity Development and change management. He/she will work at provincial level in supporting the energy departments of the Provincial Directorates (DIPREME) and the Provincial Delegations of the Fundo Nacional de Energia (FUNAE).
This long-term technical assistance at provincial level will be shared between two projects in the sector of renewable energy:
- Institutional and Organizational Strengthening and Capacity Development at the Ministry of Energy (CBMIREME , 4M€)
- Renewable Energy for Rural Development, Phase 2, (RERD2, 12M€)
He/She will assist the two institutions on sector planning, supervision and monitoring, HR management, and data management.
He/she will report directly to the Intervention Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities
Other than the generic responsibilities listed in the function description of the “sectoral/thematic expert” (available on request) the main duties and responsibilities will be ( (but are not limited to) the following:
- Accompany and support the comprehensive baseline study from a provincial point of view
- Support DIPREME and FUNAE Delegationsmanagement in the organizational change through coaching and mentoring of involved staff.
- Provide strategic guidance and coaching to all actors involved in the intervention at provincial level
- Provide technical advice/coaching related to capacity development
- Support the participatory planning process through active participation in the dialogue, advice on capacity building issues relevant to the project specific objective and expected results
- Provide technical input into the preparation of terms of reference for the various studies and capacity building activities subcontracted and support the implementing agency to ensure their adequate implementation
- Support and provide technical advice for recruitment of specific technical international and national expertise required for the project implementation
- Ensure coherence and coordination of project strategies and activities for areas related to capacity building
- Support, develop and implement a project monitoring and evaluation plan
He/she will also, in close coordination with the Intervention Manager:
- Organize, coordinate and technically supervise the implementation of project activities (including the comprehensive baseline) in accordance with the approved work plans
- Contribute to the operations reports to be submitted to the SC
- Report regularly to the Intervention Manager
- Contribute to the preparation of financial and procurement planning and budgeted work plans
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with project participants, counterpart agencies, donors and other relevant organizations and government agencies
- Share information about the project with other organizations and agencies as needed.
- Liaise and co-ordinate project activities with other relevant technical assistance projects.
- Relevant Master degree;
- 5 year experience in supporting change processes in public organizations;
- International experience is an asset;
- Proven experience of governance, institutional strengthening, change management and capacity building principles, system approaches and knowledge management;
- Excellent planning, management and organizational skills;
- Capacity to undertake activities in a participative, culturally sensitive and consultative manner, ensuring counter-parts actively participate and develop understanding and ownership;
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of groups;
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently as well as contribute positively in a team environment;
- Capacity to negotiate and manage conflict;
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Good knowledge of Portuguese and good level of English;
- Sensitivity to gender and environment issues.
Please apply no later than August 15th 2017, through our website https://www.btcctb.org/content/jobs.
If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at +32 (0)2/505 18 65.