Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Resources Manager
The goal of BEQUAL is to ensure all girls and boys, especially those experiencing disadvantage, complete a quality basic education to achieve literacy, numeracy and other life skills. The program will address education policy, planning and coordination, increased child participation in and access to basic education, teacher education and improved school infrastructure.
Coffey through BEQUAL is currently seeking applications for the position of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Resources Manager
The Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Resources Manager will have responsibility for managing activities under Key Result Area (KRA) 4 Teaching and Learning Resources, supporting the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) to develop a more efficient and decentralised system for the acquisition and procurement of renewed teaching and learning resources that are more gender sensitive and inclusive of disadvantaged groups. The Manager’s responsibilities include:
- working with the Research Institute for Education Sciences (RIES) to develop and trial primary curriculum and teaching and learning materials;
- working with subject curriculum writing teams to revise and draft textbooks and teacher guides and provide ongoing professional development for curriculum writers
- undertaking research on other education programs in Lao PDR to identify opportunities for shared learning
- assisting with monitoring the budget for KRA 4 activities in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- contributing to information and analysis of support for RIES for BEQUAL annual planning and regular reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will have relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience working in primary education at the school or system level; combined with experience developing curriculum and teaching and learning resources for primary education in a developing country context. Excellent skills working in diverse and multilingual contexts and in mentoring colleagues are required and previous experience working in Lao PDR or South East Asia is highly desirable. Skills in management, coordination and monitoring will be required.
This position is classified Category B, Level 3 (long term) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit https://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-framework.pdf for further detail.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers and search for the job reference number 495416
For further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
Applications close 6.00pm (Laos time) Friday 21 July 2017
This program is managed by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government and the European Union.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.