In-Country TVET Specialist for MCC Mongolia Education
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) implemented a five-year Compact in Mongolia from 2008 to 2013. The Vocational Education Project (VEP) was one of the core activities within the Compact, consisting of five key activities:
- Reforms to Technical, Vocational Education, and Training (TVET) Policy and Operational Framework Activity
- Creation of Skills Standards and Competencies System Activity
- Competency-Based Training System Activity
- Career Guidance and Labor Market Information Systems (LMIS) Development Activity
- Improvement of Learning Environments Activity
MCC places high importance on demonstrating results from its investments and conducts an independent evaluation of every Compact project. Social Impact is contracted by MCC to conduct an independent ex-post performance evaluation of the VEP to determine whether the program was implemented according to plan and what were program results on key outcomes.
SI is seeking an In-Country TVET Specialist to provide technical support and expertise in both phases of the evaluation. In September 2018 , the Specialist will provide essential TVET expertise (including in the local Mongolian context) to assist with the design of data collection instruments, interview targets, and result interpretation. Between October and November 2018, the Specialist will assist with data collection and further contribute to data analysis and report writing as directed by the Evaluation Team. This work is anticipated to require about 29 days, though it may be fewer or more days depending on the finalized fieldwork schedule.
** Please note: This is a local position. Only residents of Mongolia will be considered.**
- Participate in the development of research tools, data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Participate in evaluation methods training and planning sessions prior to fieldwork;
- Conduct qualitative data collection, such as interviews with key stakeholders;
- Provide logistical planning and guidance as needed to schedule key interviews;
- Assist with background research to support the evaluation;
- Contribute to preliminary data analysis and note synthesis. Data will be in the form of qualitative notes, transcripts, secondary data, and law enforcement/government records;
- Contribute to developing and drafting documents and reports;
- Present to, communicate, and interface with client and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Mongolian;
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong preference for degree relevant to TVET or other related field;
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience practicing or conducting research and/or evaluations in TVET or other related field;
- Strong experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to take detailed notes and draft report sections in English;
- Monitoring and/or Evaluation experience related to TVET preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.