Contractor Representative/Project Director - Kiribati Facility
Contractor Representative/Project Director – Kiribati Facility
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
Our key clients include the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Department of Education and Training (DET), national and sub-national governments in other Asia-Pacific countries, the Asian Development Bank and various universities and educational institutions.
The Kiribati Facility (KF) is a key investment of the Australian government in Kiribati, comprising of the Skills for Employment Program (SfEP) and the Flexible Support Facility (FSF). The SfEP will support the development of a capable, qualified and mobile I-Kiribati workforce, and consolidates progress already made through the past investment in skills development in Kiribati. SfEP will focus on developing the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT) as a demand-driven training provider catering for domestic, regional and international labour markets and aligning the source, level and rigour of qualifications accordingly. The FSF will provide DFAT with an efficient and flexible mechanism to implement its other investments in Kiribati in addition to SfEP, allowing for greater consolidation of aid and value for money for DFAT.
The Contractor Representative/Project Director is responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership and management in the delivery of the Kiribati Facility in order to achieve end of program outcomes. The role will be responsible for overall operational coordination and contract management for the Kiribati Facility including active involvement in Strategic Program Advisory Group. The Contractor Representative/ Project Director will act as the high level point of contact to DFAT on all program operational and contractual issues. This role is the primary link between Scope Global and DFAT and is responsible for ensuring appropriate corporate support is available for the effective delivery of the Kiribati Facility.
The Contractor Representative/Project Director will also provide primary support to the Flexible Support Facility, offering DFAT a key strategic contact for oversight across all operations of the Kiribati Facility.
This Short Term Adviser (ARF D4) role requires up to 167 contract days between April 2018 and March 2020 (home-based with travel to Kiribati required).
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum 15 years’ professional experience working at a high level within the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to lead a team of professionals, to coach and mentor staff, working respectfully in a way that builds staff capacity and performance
• Demonstrated experience leading complex strategic negotiations in the context of development
• Exceptional skills in effective communication (both written and verbal) and collaboration with stakeholders from many different perspectives, including DFAT and partner governments
• Proven capacity to develop, manage and oversee significant budgets
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing circumstances
• Demonstrated understanding of development and developing country contexts
• High ethical standards and a commitment to demonstrating integrity and professionalism
Experience living and working in the Pacific and knowledge of DFAT Aid Investment in the Pacific is highly desirable.
For the full terms of reference and to submit your application, please visit www.scopeglobal.com/work-with-us/current-job-opportunities. You will need to upload your covering letter, CV, and address each of the selected essential Job and Person Specification criteria (100-200 words per criteria) listed on the online portal by Sunday 14th January 2018. Please note that, to be eligible for consideration, you must apply directly through the Scope website using the above link.
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and undergo a National Police Clearance.