Consultant - Health
Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a range of sectors, including Health, Governance and Social Protection and Livelihoods Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding, Stabilisation, Humanitarian Assistance, Climate Change, Private Sector Development. We specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and our work ranges from designing MEL systems for multi-million Pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
Our Health theme sits within the Human & Social Development cluster at Itad, alongside Education and Social Protection. We are looking for Consultant join the team to work on and contribute to the successful delivery of Health projects.
- The Independent evaluation of Adolescents 360 (A360), an innovative $30 million programme jointly funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation to encourage modern contraceptive use and reduce unplanned pregnancy among young girls aged between 15-19 in Ethiopia, Tanzania and Nigeria.
- The Independent evaluation of the Department of Health’s Fleming Fund £265 million one health programme, to support 20+ low and middle income countries (LMICs) in tackling antimicrobial resistance (AMR). We will use middle range theories and contribution analysis as part of our approach to predict the contribution of the programme to its goals.
- A high profile evaluation of UNICEF’s work in health systems strengthening globally, building on the success of our recent work evaluating UNICEF’s efforts to support scale up of prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and paediatric HIV care and treatment programs over the past decade.
- Strategic reviews of the 2015 and 2017 strategy of the Global Fund, and its prospective country evaluations. Following our evaluation of the Global Fund’s overall strategy in 2015, Itad has been appointed to lead its evaluation of the its 2017 strategy as well as prospective country evaluations in Myanmar, Sudan and Cambodia.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Post-graduate degree in an applied development field and relevant work experience.
- Technical expertise in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis, such as: qualitative methods; survey design; survey sampling; and quantitative statistical analysis
- Technical expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Public sector governance
- Empowerment and accountability
- Private sector development
- Climate change
- Social protection
- Food security
- Strong analytical, facilitation, presentation and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, e.g. proven ability to deal with staff, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in one or more of the other UN languages would be an advantage
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical inputs to projects, either in the UK or overseas, as agreed with clients and Directors
- Undertake assignments as a member of a team, to achieve a target annual turnover and gross profit in line with company targets
- Develop and maintain networks of freelance consultants and associates with skills in M&E
- Build partnerships with like-minded organisations with complementary skills and interests
- Seek out and pursue new business opportunities through direct contacts
- Assist with production of materials for the evaluation and M&E sections of the Itad web site
- Assist with maintaining project information in ITADIS and intranet
- Actively network with clients and partners to promote our interests in evaluation and to maintain current awareness of opportunities and ideas in these areas
- Work with the Business Development team to produce EOIs and prepare project proposals, including establishing project teams and consortia where appropriate
The closing date for applications is December 6th 2017 and we will be interviewing candidates in the following weeks.
Please apply here: https://itadltd.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=51
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.