Communications & Marketing Manager
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is looking to hire a full-time Communications & Marketing Manager for our busy global Secretariat to have responsibility for management and curation of the stakeholder experience for the CDSB brand.
It is a unique and exciting opportunity to build up the profile of an organisation that works to build the trust and transparency needed to foster resilient capital markets and contribute to more sustainable economic, social and environmental systems.
The successful candidate will lead CDSB’s communications & marketing strategy and activity. We are looking for a results-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a track record in, and passion for media relations, excellent copywriting skills, organising events and creative ideas to raise our profile.
CDSB is an international consortium of business and environmental NGOs committed to advancing and aligning the global mainstream corporate reporting model to equate climate change-related information and natural capital with financial capital.
CDP hosts the CDSB Secretariat, and the role will be based in CDP’s offices in central London.
Communications Manager responsibilities include:
- Maximising media coverage of CDSB through compelling news stories and thought leadership;
- Raising CDSB’s profile with key audiences to drive adoption of the CDSB Framework;
- Creative ideas for raising CDSB’s profile in the marketplace;
- Developing content for media articles, blogs and marketing collateral;
- Event management;
- Communicating CDSB’s brand and strategic market positioning to key stakeholders;
- Social media and other digital content (infographics, etc);
- Providing editorial support to colleagues to communicate technical content effectively;
- Liaising with designers to create visually engaging content;
- Managing the CDSB website’s content & liaising with developers; and
- Coordinating globally with partners.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience communicating to a business audience, ideally with a particular focus on the accounting community, finance teams, the investor community and C-suite;
- Ability to process complex information and create compelling content and media articles;
- Lots of creative ideas for impactful communications;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure; and
- Good MS Office software skills.
- Experience communicating to policymakers, regulators and governments;
- Knowledge of InDesign and managing content on Drupal; and
- Language skills other than English desirable though not essential.
Competitive NGO salary, annual bonus scheme, initial 24 days’ holiday rising to 30 days over time, pension provision up to 8% of salary after 3 months’ employment.
Contact Michael Zimonyi, firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 20 3286 9663.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role, what you will add to our organisation and how it fits with your career plans, to email@example.com , making sure you include “communications & marketing” in the subject.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK for the term of the contract. We are not able to sponsor this position.
Deadline for applications
Monday, 22nd October 2018. Interviews will take place from 31st October 2018.