Communications Director, Indonesia
Environment and Natural Resources – Communications Director – LESTARI, Jakarta, Indonesia
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Communications Director position on a USAID funded program Jakarta, Indonesia.
Position Description/Summary: The Communications Director collaborates closely with the LESTARI senior management and landscape teams to design, implement, and manage LESTARI’s development communication agenda (including behavior change, social mobilization, and advocacy activities) that support the project’s technical objectives, enabling the project to achieve key results in the final two years of implementation. The Communications Director sets the vision, priorities, and approaches to project communications, provides quality control (and standardization as possible) to outreach activities, events, materials and messaging, and ensures communication activities are mainstreamed into—and strategically aligned with—the project’s technical activities and work plan. The Communications Director trains and builds capacity of landscape communication and advocacy specialists to conduct effective advocacy activities with local stakeholders (communities, press, community-based organizations and NGOs, and local government officials) in line with project goals. LESTARI is a five-year project, currently in its third year. The Communications Director is a long-term position based in Jakarta, Indonesia with the possibility to travel to LESTARI landscapes as required.
- Lead, manage, and set priorities for a six-person communication and advocacy team towards execution of the LESTARI communication strategy, including 3 staff in the Jakarta office and 3 in landscape offices.
- Develop, implement, and manage the project’s development communications agenda, including behavior change, social mobilization, and advocacy activities that support project objectives and indicators in the final two years of the project.
- Prioritize, develop, disseminate, and provide quality control to communication, outreach, and advocacy materials in support of project objectives across project landscapes. Identify opportunities for standardization of messaging and materials on project focal issues as possible.
- Plan, coordinate, publicize and implement public advocacy and outreach events in target communities, in collaboration with technical team.
- Collaborate closely with project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialists to monitor, evaluate, and track communication, outreach, and advocacy materials and events in support of project indicators
- Oversee production of external communication materials for the USAID Mission in Indonesia, including brief memos, press releases, and event invitations.
- Collaborate with the Tetra Tech home office communications team as appropriate, including sharing of success stories, social media recommendations, and communication products developed in the field.
- Assist in the creation of Y4 and Y5 deliverables for USAID.
- Master’s Degree in International Communication, International Development, Public Relations, Public Policy, or Political Science. Individuals with a combination of a Bachelor’s Degree with strong field experience encouraged to apply.
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing complex communication/ behavior change strategies, or designing and leading public relations and advocacy efforts for mission-driven organizations, advocacy groups, government agencies, or business in the agriculture/forest industry.
- Experience implementing USAID-funded programs and familiarity with USAID regulations strongly preferred.
- Experience in Asia/ Southeast Asia preferred.
- Knowledge of behavior change, social mobilization, and advocacy strategies and their practical application in the environment, climate change, and conversation space highly desirable.
- Excellent oral/ written communications skills in English required; working level knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia preferred. Applicants with strong social and behavior change field experience residing in Indonesia who not have skills in Bahasa are still encouraged to apply.
- Motivated self-starter, effective, and collaborative team-player. Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience with training and capacity building highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel extensively to LESTARI landscapes as required.
- Cooperating Country National (CCN) candidates encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://ow.ly/sclK30lg7Us
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.