Communication & IT Officer
In cooperation with 4 other bilateral agencies, BTC is currently looking for a (m/f):
COMMUNICATION & IT OFFICER – BRUSSELS
VET TOOLBOX project
Education, Training and Employment Unit
Location: Brussels (BTC office)
Duration of the contract: 51 months
Estimated starting date: December 2017
Gross monthly salary : (class 6 HQ) 4.233,64 euro for 5 years of relevant professional experience. The salary will be calculated taking into account the actual number of years of relevant experience. Meal vouchers, hospitalisation/healthcare insurance, group retirement savings plan, 24h/24h ETHIAS-Assistance, 13th month, double holiday allowance, 100% reimbursement of public transport costs.
Vocational Education & Training Toolbox
The ‘VET Toolbox’ project is funded by the European Commission. It aims at supporting EU partner countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific in the design of national employment and VET strategies as well as in enhancing their VET service delivery systems.
The VET Toolbox will act as a support facility providing high-level expertise and developing tools, instruments and other learning and support actions, based on requests introduced by partner countries (on themes such as VET policy and reform, labour market intelligence, private sector engagement in VET and inclusiveness). The VET Toolbox will also financially support local non-state actors on inclusiveness, through a series of calls for proposals.
The European Commission requested a consortium of five governmental development agencies to jointly implement the ‘VET Toolbox’ (AFD, BC, BTC, GIZ and LuxDev). These agencies have many years of experience in the VET sector and have since long been engaged in a network to exchange good practices and lessons learned on VET. The VET Toolbox will have a Project Management Unit, based at BTC in Brussels, and liaise with the governmental agencies, who will jointly implement the activities.
The overall objective of the VET Toolbox is to improve the effectiveness of VET reforms so that they are more demand-driven and responsive to labour market needs and provide increased access to (self-)employment, including for disadvantaged groups.
The specific objective is to provide partner countries with know-how, tools and advice in order to improve the labour market responsiveness of VET reforms, strategies and action plans, in particular those supported by the EU (EC and EU Member States), and in doing so enabling the orientation towards the inclusion of disadvantaged groups.
The Communication and ICT Toolbox officer is responsible for the promotion of the VET Toolbox to ensure it builds a positive reputation. He/She will develop and manage an ambitious communication strategy and a wide range of communication tools (from traditional to digital). He/she will design clear guidelines and templates for the use of these tools and contribute to capitalising on results of projects, in consultation with the team and the steering committee.
- As designer of the communication and IT strategy: design and coordinate the medium-term communication and IT strategy under the responsibility of the team leader and the steering committee, in accordance with EU rules on communication and visibility;
- As designer of the (communication) action plan: elaborate the Toolbox’ annual action plan ;
- As website administrator and coordinator of media technology: determine the technical specifications for the development of the website, with all functionalities such as forum, user access and open access, in consultation with the steering committee and the five agencies, in view of user-friendliness and highly effective information sharing, communication and visibility;
- As manager of the marketing budget: Manage the marketing budget in order to implement the action plan;
- As designer of reports, brochures and miscellaneous promotional material: Take the initiative for developing new brochures;
- As (co-)organiser of events: (Help) organise events in order to ensure our presence at the right place and time;
- As knowledge-building and knowledge management officer: coordinate and maintain an instruments database, collect good practices and document the results of the Toolbox.
Qualifications and required experience
- A Master degree in communication or in another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a communication manager;
- Experience in designing communication strategies targeting for global programmes;
- Experience with Content Management Systems;
- Experience with the development cooperation sector and/or in the area of skills development is a plus.
Required technical competences
- Knowledge of the latest media technologies (social media);
- Basic knowledge of photo editing software & video editing software;
- Basic knowledge of web & document layout & design;
- Thorough knowledge of standard office software;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French. Active knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese and/or Dutch is considered as an asset.
- Strong ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Good analytical skills;
- Team player and consensus builder;
- Strong editorial skills
- Excellent communicator, empathetic, networking skills;
Please apply no later than November 9th 2017 through our website: https://www.btcctb.org/content/jobs
If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at +32 (0)2/505 18 65.