Chief of Party - Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program in East Africa. Position to be based in East Africa.
The purpose of Strengthening Agriculture and Regional Resilience (STARR) is to promote increased agricultural production, investment, trade and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can only be solved on a regional basis. STARR comprises of four main objectives: (i) Strengthening cross-border agricultural trade and value chains; (ii) improved regional agricultural inputs; (iii) strengthening resilience; (iv) strengthening the regional policy environment.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall implementation strategy. The COP will be the principal liaison between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners and will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID.
- Master’s degree in agribusiness, business management, agricultural economics, international development, or another relevant field required;
- Required minimum of 10 years of director-level or higher experience designing and implementing development projects in at least one of the following technical disciplines: agricultural value chain development, agribusiness, ecological risk management, public private partnership facilitation and implementation, export and investment promotion within the agriculture sector, regional trade;
- Previous experience as COP for large-scale (>$25 million) USAID funded project required;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing successful multi-sectoral donor-funded projects in Africa required; relevant experience in Kenya or another East African country preferred;
- Knowledge of relevant East African regional institutions preferred;
- Fluency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/2J1GSB4
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.