Business Development Commercial Analyst, Global Health
DAI is seeking a Business Development Commercial Analyst to join our busy Global Health team. The position will be based in the Health Partners International offices in Lewes, East Sussex. Become part of the thriving DAI business, located in modern offices in central Lewes, within easy reach of London and the region.
This is a full-time permanent position and the primary function of the role is to provide cross-cutting advisory support to Business Development, Programme Management, and Finance teams during bid preparation. You will prepare commercial tenders and budgets for service contracts, and provide proposal advice on the general country compliance environment including registration options, tax implications and country-specific employment dynamics. Cross-company learning will be incorporated into improved bid preparation/design and commercial practices.
Key responsibilities will include tasks associated with:
- Pricing and commercial analysis
- Business development, risk management and country compliance
- Proposal handover and project support.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking a graduate or candidate with equivalent experience to join our team. We are recruiting a candidate with experience of developing or managing budgets and strong research, problem-solving and Excel skills – highly numerate with meticulous attention to detail.
We are looking for good team-working skills along with an ability to meet tight deadlines and excellent written English.
For the role the successful candidate will have:
- Several years of years’ experience at either developing or managing budgets for government or international donor contracts
- Good understanding of financial and compliance requirements for contracts with the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the European Union (EU) or similar organisations
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Advanced skills developing and maintaining spreadsheet tools
- Able to learn quickly and to apply results-oriented problem-solving methods
- Attention to detail and highly numerate
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment
- Action-oriented with strong intellectual agility and ability
- Understanding of the UK National Audit Office’ and the Independent Commission for Aid Impact’s approach to value for money is preferred
- Part Qualified Accountant or above (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Foreign language skills are beneficial
DAI’s global health team and its regional and local partners have the technical skills and local knowledge to deliver comprehensive health solutions while responding to issues ranging from emerging pandemic threats to HIV/AIDS to waterborne diseases. Our approach leverages non-health resources in DAI’s environment, economic growth, governance, and post-conflict stabilisation sectors to save lives and achieve health improvements all over the world. In 2017, DAI joined forces with Health Partners International (HPI), adding a wealth of expertise in health systems strengthening. HPI, which has delivered more than 200 health projects in 40 countries over the past two decades, offers particular strengths in immunization, nutrition, malaria and other communicable diseases, sexual and reproductive health, family planning, and maternal, newborn, and child health.
The salary offered for the Commercial Analyst role will be commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will work alongside colleagues in the HPI offices in Lewes, East Sussex.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th February 2018 and interviews will be held later in February.