Associate Researcher, Europe
Over the past twenty years Oxford HR has pioneered executive search techniques in the International Development field. Our global consultancy team offers a broad range of industry experience spanning the not-for-profit, government, international development and commercial sectors, throughout the world.
With impressive leadership, and a core team with a strong track record already in place in the UK, we have an ambition to become a leading Executive Search firm for Europe mainland, working with a range of clients including international development organisations, INGOs, charities, foundations, government bodies and the education sector.
To achieve this ambition, the business is looking to expand and make a number of key strategic hires to cope with increasing demand and create a strong foundation for future planned growth.
This opportunity will be challenging, rewarding and offer the fantastic possibility of becoming part of a leading organisation in a rapidly expanding marketplace.
The main purpose of this job is to work closely with the Consultants and assist them in executive search (head-hunting) for at least 5-6 assignments at one time. The current team structure is divided in three main regions: Asia and MENA, Africa, and Europe, with researchers specialising in one region. The Associate Researcher, Europe will carry out research into potential clients and candidates for each assignment efficiently and accurately so that information is readily accessible to the lead Consultants. This will involve an amount of administration for each assignment, which will be supported by the Project Administrator. Occasionally, there might be a need for overall administration of the assignments.
S/he will also research information on organisations and ensure that database is up-to-date and readily accessible by Consultants.
This is a small team and while each post-holder will have specific work areas assigned to them, from time to time they will have to cover each other’s work.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience conducting research, desirable in executive search, although other paths are considered, such as academic research, marketing research, etc
- Fast and accurate research and administrative skills and experience
- Facility with the suite of Microsoft Office tools and the ability to learn to use new software
- Knowledge of databases, data and communicating the salient points of complex information
- Demonstrable interest and broad knowledge of international affairs and geopolitical issues
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills with keen attention to detail and the confidence to liaise with senior candidates and clients
- Calm under pressure, with a good understanding of cultural diversity
- Exemplary organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills with a ‘completer – finisher’ attitude
- Ability to work within a small, close-knit team and respond quickly and efficiently to requests for support
- Additional language skills relevant to Europe (French and German desirable)
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Collaborative and inclusive working style, able to reach collegiate decisions
- Able to foresee and mitigate problems – proactive approach to problem solving
- Keen eye for detail, consistency and quality
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Empathy with the vision and values of the business and those of our clients
- A positive, supportive attitude towards colleagues, candidates and clients
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Bachelor Degree in a related field.