Botswana and Trade Policy
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS trade collection
Search for the latest trade-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Evaluating the seven African success stories
- R.I. Rotberg / John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 2007
- This paper evaluates the seven presumed African success stories: Botswana, South Africa, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania, Mozambique and Uganda. It gives a detailed analysis of the economic, political, governance and human development scenari...
- EPAs may lead to divided Southern African regionalism
- C. Stevens; J. Kennan / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2004
- This paper looks at the potential problem that EPAs (Economic Partnership Agreements) may create a division in the Southern African region. It argues that although a strategy of the EUs support for EPAs is to reinforce regionali...
- Why the EU-South Africa free trade agreement adversely affects other Southern African nations
- S. McDonald; T. Walmsley / Global Trade Analysis Project, 2003
- This paper analyses the free trade agreement (FTA) between the European Union and the Republic of South Africa, which is one of the first results of the stated aim of the EU that after 2008 its trade relationships with developing coun...
- Can liberalisation boost farming in Southern Africa?
- Scott McDonald / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2002
- Have structural adjustment programmes (SAPs) reduced discrimination against agriculture in southern Africa? Does price liberalisation, by increasing production and employment really reduce poverty and the incentive to migrate to towns...
- Have NGOs focused on conflict diamonds and ignored 'diamonds for development'?
- R. Hazleton / Partnership Africa Canada, 2002
- This document considers the economic impact of diamonds in South Africa, Botswana and Namibia. It states that the many global campaigns to stop trade in conflict diamonds has tended to ignore the benefits of the legitimate industry fo...
- HIV and medical patents in Africa
- World Intellectual Property Organization, 2000
- This paper reviews the TRIPS patent and, in particular, those provisions relevant to the issue of pharmaceuticals and the patent situation in sub-Saharan Africa with regard to the protection of anti-retroviral HIV/AIDS drugs. Patent o...
- Incomplete financial sector reform in most SADC countries represents an opportunity for regional co-operation and integration
- R. Mowatt / Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, South Africa, 2001
- This paper looks at the role that SADC can realistically play in developing the financial systems of the countries of Southern Africa. The reviews some of the literature and theory around financial sector reform relating it to Souther...
- Will trade agreements benefit Botswana?
- K. Mbekeani / Botswana Institute For Development Policy Analysis, 2000
- This briefing examines the recent changes in Botswana's external trading environment and the consequent challenges. It focusses on the different trading agreements relevant to Botswana and their implications. The agreements considered...