Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- It belongs to you: public information in the Middle East and North Africa
- Transparency International, 2013
- Access to public information remains limited across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). While the countries and territories assessed in this project report (Egypt, Morocco, Palestine and Yemen) have committed themselves in intern...
- The demobilization of women’s movements: the case of Palestine
- I Jad / Association for Women's Rights in Development, 2008
- Like women’s movements worldwide, Palestinian women’s movements have been faced with both old agendas of mobilisation and liberation, and new ones concerning women’s equality and empowerment. The Palestinian context ...
- Christians in Palestine: a threatened community?
- B.H. Kårtveit / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway, 2012
- Christian Palestinians constitute one of the oldest Christian communities in the world, and their presence in Palestine dates back to the Roman Era. In modern times, they have been instrumental in shaping a Palestinian national identi...
- Policy brief 11: mainstreaming gender equality concerns in Palestinian TVET system
- International Labour Organization, 2012
- This policy brief presents the summary of an assessment1 by the International Labour Organization (ILO) on the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector in the West Bank and Gaza Strip (WBGS). It highlights the ove...
- Is trade policy an appropriate instrument for addressing poverty in the MENA region?
- N. Minot; M.A. Chemingui; M. Thomas / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2010
- The effect of agricultural trade liberalisation on poverty varies widely across countries, in part because the effect of liberalisation on agricultural prices is ambiguous. This report examines the impact of trade liberalisation on no...
- Women in Action: Multiple intolerance, mounting resistance
- C Yiping (ed) / Isis International, Phillipines, 2009
- Women In Action (WIA) is a triannual magazine published by Isis International in Manila. While covering a wide range of issues affecting women globally, it pays particularly close attention to the needs and concerns of women in the Gl...
- The State of World Population 2010: From conflict and crisis to renewal
- United Nations Population Fund, 2010
- This report coincides with the 10th anniversary of UN Security Council Resolution 1325, the first formal attempt of this body to redress the absence or low level of women’s participation in peace and reconstruction efforts. Prev...
- Improving employment prospects for the young in the MENA region
- International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2011
- The Near East and North Africa (NENA) region presents the largest cohort of youth after sub-Saharan Africa, with young people making up 20 per cent of the total population in NENA. Ths paper, prepared for the 34th session of the...
- Palestinian coping strategies during a period of high unemployment
- L.E. Mitchell / Institute for Applied International Studies, Norway, 2010
- How do Palestinian men and women manage their challenging social circumstances? This report examines the school-to-work-to-marriage transition in the West Bank in a context of continued closure, fragmentation, economic stagnation...
- How can UN and INGOs protect Palestinian children under occupation?
- J. Hart; C.L. Forte / Forced Migration Online, 2010
- This paper explores the constraints that international and UN agencies face in protecting Palestinian children in the context of occupation, and the systematic appropriation of land and resources. The authors deem that Israel’s ...