Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Does Rapid Agricultural Growth Require a System of Innovation? Evidence from Ghana & ...
- J. Jatoe / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2013
- John Baptist D. Jatoe, Damien G. Lankoandé and James Sumberg May 2013 This paper tests the systems of innovation hypothesis for a selection of crops in Ghana and Burkina Faso that have shown significant...
- Alternative cash transfer delivery mechanisms: impacts on routine preventative health clinic visits in Burkina Faso
- R Akresh; D De Walque; H Kazianga / World Bank, 2012
- We conducted a unique randomized experiment to estimate the impact of alternative cash transfer delivery mechanisms on household demand for routine preventative health services in rural Burkina Faso. The two-year pilot program randoml...
- Scaling up nutrition: Progress report from countries and their partners in the movement to Scale Up Nutrition (SUN)
- United Nations [UN] Standing Committee on Nutrition, 2011
- This draft report was prepared for the High Level Meeting on Nutrition at the UN General Assembly in September 2011 and the follow-up workshop for the Scale-Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement, which was designed to help nations where people ...
- Multiple micronutrient supplementation during pregnancy in low-income countries: a meta-analysis of effects on stillbirths and on early and late neonatal mortality
- C Ronsmans; DJ Fisher; C Osmond / United Nations University, 2009
- Multiple micronutrient deficiencies are common among women in low-income countries and may adversely affect pregnancy outcomes. This study aimed to conduct a meta-analysis of the effects on stillbirths, early and late neonatal mortali...
- Effects of maternal multiple micronutrient supplementation on fetal growth: a double-blind randomized controlled trial in rural Burkina Faso
- D Roberfroid; L Huybregts; H Lanou / American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2008
- This paper describes a study which tested whether providing pregnant women with the UNICEF/WHO/UNU international multiple micronutrient preparation (UNIMMAP), rather than iron and folic acid alone, improved fetal growth and its correl...
- Climate change, water conflicts and human security
- J. Kloos; N. Gebert; T. Rosenfeld; F. Renaud / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2013
- This report presents a comprehensive regional assessment of the Mediterranean, Middle East, and Sahel in terms of climate change impacts, vulnerabilities, conflict/cooperation and human security at various scales and in a variety of c...
- Practice Brief: Promote food security in West and Central Africa
- SNV, 2013
- This practice brief showcases SNV’s activities in West and Central Africa aimed at supporting rural households to achieve food security. It is based on a broad range of case studies that highlight a number of s...
- Squeezed: life in a time of food price volatility, year 1 results
- N. Hossain; R. King; A. Kelbert / Oxfam, 2013
- Half a decade after the price spike of 2007-2008, food price volatility has become the new norm: people have come to expect food prices to rapidly rise and fall, though nobody knows by how much or when. So what does the accumulation o...
- Learning the Lessons? Assessing the response to the 2012 food crisis in the Sahel to build resilience for the future
- Oxfam, 2013
- In 2012, the Sahel region of West and Central Africa was once again hit by a severe food crisis, affecting over 18 million people at its peak. At the start of 2012, when the crisis began to unfold, many governments, donors and aid age...
- The double burden of malnutrition and cardiometabolic risk widens the gender and socio-economic health gap: a study among adults in Burkina Faso (West Africa)
- A.N. Zeba; H.F. Delisle; G. Renier / Université de Montréal Public Health Research Institute, 2012
- This study is a population-based cross-sectional observational study which aims to document the double burden of malnutrition and cardiometabolic risk factors (CMRF) in adults in Ougadougou, Burkina Faso and its occurrence according t...