Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The “We Can” Campaign in South Asia, 2004-2011. External evaluation report
- M Raab / Oxfam, 2011
- This evaluation was commissioned by Oxfam GB to measure the impact of the We Can campaign, which ran from 2004-2010 in six countries across south Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka). The overall goal o...
- Transboundary landscape management framework for ecological and socioeconomic resilience
- B. Shakya 2012
- Current land management approaches focus on achieving ecological resilience for natural resources and biological diversity, and socioeconomic resilience for the people who depend on the land for their livelihoods and wellbeing. In the...
- Conflicted goals and practices between donors in Afghanistan is a problem that must be tackled
- A. Pain / Secure Livelihoods Research Consortium, 2012
- Afghanistan is a low-income country with conflicting cultures and rooted terrorism. This paper examines the current developmental context in Afghanistan, exploring the roles of national policies and external aids in that case. ...
- Services liberalisation in South Asia
- P.R. Pandey / South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics & Environment, 2009
- The services sector is the largest productive sector in all the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) economies (except Afghanistan), accounting for more than half of domestic output and an even larger share in econ...
- Securing Life and Livelihoods in Rural Afghanistan: The Role of Social Relationships
- k Kantor / Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit, 2010
- This paper provides evidence of the importance of social relationships to Afghan rural life and livelihood outcomes. This is an understanding of rural life not generally reflected in programme design and implementation. The paper draw...
- Winning Hearts and Minds? Examining the Relationship between Aid and Security in Afghanistan’s Faryab Province
- G. Gompelman / Feinstein International Center, USA, 2011
- Afghanistan has been a testing ground for a key aspect of counterinsurgency doctrine, namely that humanitarian and development projects can help to bring or maintain security in strategically important environments, and by winni...
- Review of the Environment Programme in Badakshan, the Ghazni Programme, and the role and capacity of the Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (AIN/NAC)
- K. Haarberg / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2011
- Review of the Norwegian Afghanistan Committee's (NAC) environmental programmes in two provinces in Afghanistan, which include nurseries, forest management, watershed management, access to clean water, womens gardens, foster-mums...
- Potential policy interventions to mitigate the effects of food price shocks: a case study of Afghanistan
- A. D’Souza / AgEcon Search, 2012
- Food price shocks can exacerbate chronically low levels of nutrient intake in countries with large populations living in poverty with generally poor diets. This paper examines the case of Afghanistan in the 2007/08 season, when rapid ...
- Deconstructing Democracy in Afghanistan
- A. Larson / Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit, 2012
- Despite widespread concerns about fraud, foreign interference and ineffectiveness, there remains a clear appetite among many Afghans for a system of democratic representation. However, this must be centred firmly around their own prio...
- Strategies for Policy Reform, Volume 2: Engaging Entrepreneurs in Democratic Governance
- K. E. Bettcher / Center for International Private Enterprise, 2010
- Strategies for Policy Reform, Volume 2 reveals how local reformers in partnership with the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) have transformed policy dialogue in their countries to create a vibrant private sector and c...
- Center for Policy and Human Development (CPHD)
Center for Policy and Human Development is a partnership between UNDP programme and Kabul University
- Japan Afghan NGO Network (JANN)
- Japanese NGOs in Afghanisatn
- Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)
- Research organisation assisting humanitarian and development programmes in Afghanistan
- Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan (RAWA)
- Working for women's rights in Afghanistan