Zambia and Governance
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS governance collection
Search for the latest governance-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Citizens, media and good governance: guidelines for journalists
- N. Dramat 2011
- Produced as part of the Mwananchi Programme, which seeks to strengthen ordinary citizens voices, and improve state accountability and responsiveness to citizens' interests in Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda and Zambia, this gu...
- African Media Barometer (Zambia 2011)
- fesmedia Africa, 2011
- The African Media Barometer (AMB) is an in-depth and comprehensive description and measurement system for national media environments on the African continent. This report focuses on the media landscape in Zambia in 2011.
- Enhancing South-South and triangular cooperation: study of the current situation and existing good practices in policy, institutions, and operation of South-South and triangular cooperation
- United Nations Development Programme, 2009
- South-South and triangular cooperation has become a major subject of international development discussions. One of the key issues identified in such discussions is the lack of information on South-South and triangular cooperation implemente...
- Addressing corruption and money laundering in Africa
- C. Goredema / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway, 2011
- The relationship between anti-money laundering and anti-corruption strategies is a key issue for developing countries. This paper presents an overview of measures in place to combat both corruption and money laundering in Botswana, Tanzania...
- Building taxpayer culture in Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia: Achievements, challenges and policy recommendations
- O. H. Fjeldstad / Chr. Michelsen Institute, Norway, 2012
- The study examines measures that aim to encourage taxpayer compliance through taxpayer education and constructive engagement between the government and citizens over taxation issues in Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia. Experiences from each ...
- From privatisation to corporatisation and the need for a counter-strategy
- J. E. Magdahl / Association for International Water and Forest Studies, Norway, 2012
- This report explores the development from privatisation to corporatisation within neoliberal policy on urban water services in developing countries. The findings call for the water justice movement to update and adjust its strategy, in orde...
- Zambia Analysis - November 2011 issue
- First issue of the relaunched magazine focuses on analysis of this year's elections. Articles include: Maize boom - who benefts? Religion and politics, The GMO policy debate, Zambia’s resilient artists.
- How can interventions in fragile states contribute effectively to securing peace and development?
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2007
- Globalisation, liberalisation, and the withdrawal of external support from Cold War alliances have placed enormous strains on some developing countries – best described as ‘fragile states’. These are states with high level...
- Tax collection: a powerful lens for assessing state legitimacy
- J DiJohn / Crisis States Research Centre, LSE, 2010
- The process of tax collection is one of the most powerful lenses in political economy to assess the distribution of power in a polity. Indeed, there is a long history of thinking in political economy and history that links the process of st...
- Is civil society a real vehicle for democratisation?
- G. Cawthra (ed); A. Du Pisani (ed); A. Omari (ed) / International Development Research Centre, 2007
- This study investigates the interface between security, at both the national and regional levels, and democratisation. The paper asserts that security and democratic governance are intertwined. The paper focuses particularly on th...