Zambia and Gender
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
Search BRIDGE's database of gender-focused material
- The BLDS gender collection
Search for the latest gender-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Why women farmers are left out of the programs. Lessons learned. Evaluation of Norway's bilateral agricultural support to food security
- P. N. Sørensen / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2013
- Norway’s Bilateral Agricultural Support to Food Security 2005-2011 was reviewed in 2012-2013. This Lessons Learned document was prepared as a continuation of that review. Its purpose is to identify lessons learned regarding wome...
- Report from a fact finding mission: Women, Gender and Conservation Agriculture in Zambia
- B. Maal / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2011
- In December 2010 a gender team from Norad undertook a study trip to Zambia in order to learn about women, gender and conservation agriculture (CA). CA is central in climate adaptation. The report summarises general findings and recomm...
- Ensuring female farmers involvement in agricultural extension
- C.R. Farnworth / Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, 2012
- In response to the persistent inequalities of women in farming despite decades of development assistance, Sida has initiated a thematic evaluation of how gender issues are tackled in Sida-supported agricultural programmes. The purpose...
- Obstacles and opportunities in the use of ICTs by resource-poor farmers, women and youth in ACP countries
- N. Hafkin; H. Hodame / International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (World Conservation Union), 2002
- This report examines the digital divide that exists between developing nations of Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific and the rest of the world. The report highlights the following issues: Gender, ICTs and agri...
- Do men matter? New horizons in gender and development: id21 insights, issue 35
- id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2000
- Why do men not feature more in gender and development policy? The shift in emphasis from Women in Development (WID) to Gender and Development (GAD), from enumerating and redressing women’s disadvantages to analysing the social r...
- More coverage of women's issues lacking in Southern Africa
- C.L. Morna (ed); T. Mpofu; D. Glenwright / Gender Links, Johannesburg, 2010
- This report monitors the relation between gender issues and media content in 14 Southern African countries, providing quantitative, sex-disaggregated data on media coverage and topics. In addition, it examines the underlying gender dy...
- Donors address HIV epidemic for women and girls
- K. Ashburn; N. Oomman; D. Wendt / Center for Global Development, USA, 2009
- In the 1980s, at the beginning of the HIV and AIDS epidemic, it was estimated that about a third of all people infected worldwide were women. After just one decade this had risen to more than half and now today in sub-Saharan Africa, ...
- Gender and AIDS mainstreaming in Zambia: opportunities for better synergies
- V. Halvorsen; D. Hamuwele; A. Skjelmerud / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2009
- This report is a joint gender and HIV/AIDS mainstreaming review, produced upon a request from the Norwegian Embassy in Lusaka. The target of the report is to see how gender and AIDS concerns could be better mainstreamed in the Embassy...
- Mainstreaming HIV/AIDS into development programmes
- National AIDS Council, Zambia, 2005
- This manual is a learning instrument and a reference tool for beginners. It is a step-by step handbook to guide the development of local HIV/AIDS action plans. It also details how to build the capacity of trainers in order for them to...