Saudi Arabia and Poverty
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS poverty collection
- Search for the latest poverty-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Improving employment prospects for the young in the MENA region
- International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2011
- The Near East and North Africa (NENA) region presents the largest cohort of youth after sub-Saharan Africa, with young people making up 20 per cent of the total population in NENA. Ths paper, prepared for the 34th session of the...
- Emerging economies are providing workable development strategies and creating new multilateral south-south institutions
- J. Scott; M. vom Hau; D. Hulme / Brooks World Poverty Institute, University of Manchester, 2010
- Much attention has been focused on the BICs (Brazil, India and China) and how they are changing global politics and economics. However, there is also a further tier of emerging middle powers ‘beyond the BICs’ that are play...
- Ensuring human security can lead to better opportunities for human development in the Arab world
- M. El-Sayyid; M. Al-Rasheed; S. Benjelloun; Et al / Human Development Report Office, UNDP, 2009
- This report examines human development in the Arab world through a human security lens, calling on policymakers and other stakeholders to move away from a state-centric conception of security to one which also concentrates on the secu...
- Is trade in virtual water a solution for water-scarce countries?
- Charlotte de Fraiture; Ximing Cai; Upali Amarasinghe / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2005
- Few people realise that we eat between 2,000 and 5,000 litres of water per day, depending on our diet. To grow a kilogram of wheat takes between 500 and 4,000 litres of water; a kilogram of beef requires around 10,000 litr...